Whats a perfect AGRESSIVE all mountain bike for me ,,,post pics and tell me why !

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Whats a perfect AGRESSIVE all mountain bike for me ,,,post pics and tell me why !
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 22:19 Quote
alright people i'm looking for a very AGGRESSIVE ALL MOUNTAIN frame to build up ...im really in love with the iron horse 6.4 but the chances of them coming up for the right price is slim knowing the compAny went belly up.. so please post a couple pics and names of bikes and tell me why you think theyd be good for me ..or why you love them ...(i do a lot of single track and a lot of uphill and i also do some light freeriding .and downhill.)

i need something that can pump uphills and rip downhills ..while holding its own in small to medium jumps and drops...HELP ME THANKS ...

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 22:21 Quote
also they have to be full suspension ...Rolleyes Smile Big Grin Pimp Camera

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 21:25 Quote
I don't have any photos, but I rip my Specialized enduro pretty hard. Jumps, drops, and everything in between. It pedals uphill real nice and then bombs down. If you are buying just a frame the s-works version is carbon and super pimp with the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air.

The Santa Cruz Nomad looks really nice as well. I would get it with the Float X since the float CTD kinda suucks!!! It looks like a really nice bike and if you go for aluminum instead of carbon it will be a little cheaper.

The trek remedy and slash also are really nice,

There are four to get you started with.

Eric

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 21:41 Quote
im also liking the sx trail

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
Check out the Rocky Mountain Slayer 70. Its an awesome ride that climbs really well for a bike with that much travel. A tad too much bike for me, but it sounds like it would be an ideal one for you. The Yet SB66 is a nice option as well. To think of it..there are lots of them out there, including the Nomad that was mentioned above.

Posted: Jul 3, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
As above, an SB66 or a Nomad in my opinion.

Here's my nomad
Santa Cruz Nomad C

Climbs like a mountain goat, is really chuckable and responsive, takes a hammering on the decents and loves it all day long.

Cant really say a bad thing about it.

Posted: Jul 3, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
Awesome looking bike mate!

You can't go wrong with a Nomad, SB66 or a Trek Slash.

Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 11:20 Quote
ryot1 wrote:
im also liking the sx trail
Isn't the SX Trail more FR than AM? If you're ok with how it climbs then fine.

Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
A vote for the Enduro!

Mine is build up on 140mm Pikes currently, slightly lower travel than what it should have on the front but now it climbs like a demon and comes down even better!

Newly build up Spec Enduro June 2013

https www.facebook.com Rebelphotog Shot by Jimmy Rebel Photographic

O and jumps like a dream Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 19:00 Quote
If you want really aggressive, you could build an all mountain-stlye NS Soda. The nice part is that you wouldn't have to worry about taking it to shuttled/lift access stuff now and then if you gave it a reasonable wheelset. Even better if you could afford x01.

jamesk656 wrote:

O and jumps like a dream Wink
Also @jamesk656, that's a beautiful bike, love seeing anything with 140mm or less up front getting sent!

Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 23:30 Quote
another vote for the Rocky mountain slayer 70.. a buddy just bought one and it is awesome! perfect for what you're looking to do..

or the 13' Transition covert 26" i bought one and i love it. i have the rockshox lyrik rc2l on the front and it's great for dropping down to 130mm travel and the floodgate feature for climbing. and it shreds on the downs..

Posted: Jul 5, 2013 at 0:13 Quote
im lovvingg these options keep em coming also ..theres some really good pics up ..dont be afraid to ad more

Posted: Jul 5, 2013 at 6:17 Quote
2012 Diamondback ScapeGoat
diamondback scapegoat.

or

a knolly delirium
Knolly Delirium

or knolly chilcotin
Knolly Chilcotin

Posted: Jul 5, 2013 at 10:39 Quote
wow i really like that last knolly but ...looks pricey lol ...hows the diamond back handle?

Posted: Jul 5, 2013 at 12:09 Quote
ryot1 wrote:
wow i really like that last knolly but ...looks pricey lol ...hows the diamond back handle?

Beautifully. A little on the heavy side but burly as f***. It corners so well because all of the weight is centralized near the bb. Climbs are a little slow but you can climb and as for descents its really stable at high speeds for only having 6in of travel it feels bottomless. Ian hylands did a review on it late last year you should look it up on the homepage.

As for the knolly. Yeah they are pricey but
I've heard nothing but good things about
them. I rode a delirium and t was great
However i would want a lighter build so Im lookout into purchasing a chilcotin frame

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020769
Mobile Version of Website