Whats a perfect AGRESSIVE all mountain bike for me ,,,post pics and tell me why !

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Whats a perfect AGRESSIVE all mountain bike for me ,,,post pics and tell me why !
O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 0:16 Quote
Transition covert. I love mine! Pedals you up and rips down. Also rely fun to jump! Ill post a pic

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 0:21 Quote
photo
I've only had it for a couple weeks but i can still say its a great bike. A quiver killer for sure

Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 13:05 Quote
Here's mine very very good bike and it can take up to a 180mm fork and you can get it with a coil shock to . I've had a few AM aggressive bikes and this wins for me . Bikes I've had are i

Intense 66 good buy way to much rear end flex
Intense tracer 2 good buy drags on the ups
Foes shaver good but rear end flex
Commencal meta Good but suffers from a lot of drag uphill

All the above bikes I found to be brill on the downs but just not a true AM bike. I'd say the 2013 nukeproof mega AM is as close to a really good Allrounder as it gets it likes climbing and loves to go down . This is what I've found anyway and can not say about others . Anyway here it is . Ps the pic is not lickerble lol
Done at last ....off for first ride today yeahhhh

Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 21:31 Quote
nice thats two more beautiful bikes ...i cant imagine a 1800 mm on that nukeproof ...the slack would be crazy ...and i like riding slack lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 21:33 Quote
Why not just get a good steel hardtail?

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 1:50 Quote
ryot1 wrote:
nice thats two more beautiful bikes ...i cant imagine a 1800 mm on that nukeproof ...the slack would be crazy ...and i like riding slack lol
well you don't have to put 180mm on it . I run 160mm forks clearly with rear air shock this is more than good enough for your needs well I think anyway . I simply lock out the front and rear for the climbs .then open for the downs works great on jumps drops and DH and the frame is a good price to . Not sure i can give you much advice other than get out and demo some bike if you can .try if you can to ask your mates if you can ride their bike for a day .

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 21:33 Quote
sethd wrote:
i already have a hardtail ..i currently went through a back injury and the doc finally said im alowd to hit the trails ..the problem is (dont get me wrong i love my hardtail)..but the problem is it tosses around my back im sure its not godd plus its time to upgrade

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 12:46 Quote
ryot1 wrote:
sethd wrote:
i already have a hardtail ..i currently went through a back injury and the doc finally said im alowd to hit the trails ..the problem is (dont get me wrong i love my hardtail)..but the problem is it tosses around my back im sure its not godd plus its time to upgrade

Use those legs man they are the best suspension you could have. I take my hard tail along with my fr bike to the bike park all the time. You shouldn't be feeling it in your back.

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
The poor guy had a back injury enough with the pretentious hardtail propaganda. Everyone knows riding hardtails takes more skill, nobody cares.

I love my Rune v2, can be build up for pretty much anything from mini DH to light AM/trail use depending on what you want it for.

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 16:16 Quote
ironxcross wrote:
The poor guy had a back injury enough with the pretentious hardtail propaganda. Everyone knows riding hardtails takes more skill, nobody cares.

I love my Rune v2, can be build up for pretty much anything from mini DH to light AM/trail use depending on what you want it for.
i phuckin love banshees ...i almost got a scream but i ride to much uphill for that bike lol ..and yes hardtails rock everyone like i said i love mine ..but when your back isnt as in as good shape as your mind ...shit goes wrong so id rather upgrade than end up in a wheelchair for life

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 19:04 Quote
The rune climbs insanely well, I can do super long (for me, like 3-4k vert) XC rides on it with no problems. Not too easy to come by cheap yet since they're new, but if it's in your budget you'd be stoked on the Rune.

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 19:54 Quote
FWIW Im really liking my Trek slash. Its smooth and stable when pointed down, and decent enough when it comes time to climb. Admittedly though out of saddle climbing isnt the greatest.

photo

Posted: Jul 10, 2013 at 14:41 Quote
07 iron horse 6.8 on the way !!!!!!
but keep the ideas coming cause this thread will always be help to someone including future builds!!!!!!!

Posted: Jul 10, 2013 at 14:58 Quote
brianl wrote:
ryot1 wrote:
im also liking the sx trail
Isn't the SX Trail more FR than AM? If you're ok with how it climbs then fine.
i thought that too but all the reviews say it climbs like a mountain goat lol

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2013 at 6:00 Quote
I would've said the Banshee Rune V2. It's got 160mm of travel, optional Cane Creek DBAir or FLOAT X shock. Also, flip chips to adjust all the angles to adapt to the trail. "Ghost" routing for stealth dropper-posts! Next, you get either a 650b or a 26" wheel size option. And you can run it with a variety of shocks (length, stanction width, etc.).

[P=http://www.google.com/imgres?safe=active&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW&biw=1192&bih=512&tbm=isch&tbnid=fr9RgswQVzO1HM:&imgrefurl=http://forums.mtbr.com/banshee-bikes/2013-spitfire-802889-31.html&docid=PgHzIsxvWUBZDM&imgurl=http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/banshee-bikes/800991d1369123761-2013-spitfire-rune2014.jpg&w=1024&h=633&ei=LqzeUc6yH7Kl4APG74C4Aw&zoom=1&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=138&tbnw=236&start=18&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:25,s:0,i:162&tx=101&ty=54&dur=639 size=m align=c][/P]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029523
Mobile Version of Website