What would people want from a bike maintenace workstation?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What would people want from a bike maintenace workstation?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 1:50 Quote
So I'm going to be making a bike orientated work station for my Resistant Materials project at school. This is going to invlove incorperating some features into a work-bench type project. I have some ideas in mind personally but would really appreciate feedback from you guys! I'm a mechanical person anyway so don't be afraid to throw some ideas at me.

So what would you want integrated into a work-bench (specifically designed for bike maintenance) that would be helpful to you guys when working on your bikes.

James

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 10:38 Quote
jamesrusby wrote:
So I'm going to be making a bike orientated work station for my Resistant Materials project at school. This is going to invlove incorperating some features into a work-bench type project. I have some ideas in mind personally but would really appreciate feedback from you guys! I'm a mechanical person anyway so don't be afraid to throw some ideas at me.

So what would you want integrated into a work-bench (specifically designed for bike maintenance) that would be helpful to you guys when working on your bikes.

James

A vice clamp for sure, definitely a way to keep all the little things organized drawers maybe or plastic jars on hooks, you can essentially retrofit a bike stand on a work station which turns out to be pretty cool and useful. Magnetic tray if you drop stuff. It would definitely be cool to have a brake bleeding station hahaha...something where you can remove the brake from the bike entirely and set it up so you can get the hose as vertical as possible. Sounds like a fun project.

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 11:28 Quote
A bearing press!

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 11:35 Quote
id have to say an air hose, a kero bath and a grease gun... hose to clean and inflate kero bath to wash all the grim off and the grease gun so you dont get crap all over your fingers!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008913
Mobile Version of Website