Easton Haven rear hub upgrade kit.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Easton Haven rear hub upgrade kit.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 14:21 Quote
Hi there,
I recently purchased a pair of Easton Haven wheels fro CRC and want to get the free rear hub upgrade kit.
Does anybody know from where can I get one by the time Easton does not ship outside US?
Also I'm from Greece and Easton hasn't an official distributor here.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 7:55 Quote
I don't have an answer to your question, but could I ask what the model number on your rear hub is?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 8:07 Quote
Cackerman wrote:
I don't have an answer to your question, but could I ask what the model number on your rear hub is?

Hi there,
My rear hub is M1-121

Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 8:28 Quote
Thank you. I was pondering buying a set of those from CRC.

Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 8:38 Quote
Since you bought from CRC and they are selling old product why don't you tell them to get the hub upgrade kit and ship it to you.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 13:11 Quote
kwtoxman wrote:
Since you bought from CRC and they are selling old product why don't you tell them to get the hub upgrade kit and ship it to you.
I've already e-mailed them and I'm waiting for their response....

Posted: Jul 10, 2013 at 12:45 Quote
I too bought the Haven's from CRC, and e-mailed Easton UK best part of 2 weeks ago now, still no response. Let me know what response CRC give you, I may also chase them up on it if you get some sort of answer from them.

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
Update: I posted this on Easton Cycling's Facebook page, they got back to me with this:

John, we're just getting started with Zyro in the UK. They're a great distributor and should be able to get you all the info that you may need. http://www.zyro.co.uk

Should be of some use

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 at 11:15 Quote
I bought my easton havocs from the main distributor in Thailand. When i heard about the u8pgrade i emailed Easton directly. Within a couple of weeks they sent me the kit and installation tools for free.
Still haven't installed them, my current bearings work great so i will wait until these are worn out.

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
Here's a link to Easton's official press release about the upgrade kit.

http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/road/news/easton-announces-bearing-spacer-upgrade-kit-for-m1-mountain-bike-hubs

I'm in the US, mind you, but used the email address in the link to get a prompt response and my kit sent out to me. Ideally the email address will get things rolling for you.

I'll paste the entire link here for the day that page happens to go away:

Beginning in March 2013, every Easton M1-hub equipped rear mountain bike wheel will be shipped with an updated hub. This running change dramatically increases bearing durability and will be found on all EC90 XC, Haven Carbon, EC70 Trail, EA90 XC, Haven, EA90 XD and Havoc wheelsets.

Easton is also offering a Bearing Spacer Upgrade Kit to retrofit M1-equipped wheels currently in the field or in your shop’s inventory. The update kit contains a bearing spacer, a new set of bearings and a new locknut and will be available free of charge to qualifying Easton wheel owners.

To identify if your wheel is compatible with the Bearing Spacer Upgrade Kit:

Look for the model number on your rear hub. If your hub model ends in the number 1, it is compatible. Examples of compatible hubs: M1-121, M1-221, M1-321.

Updated wheels can be identified in two ways:

Upgraded rear wheels are shipped in a box with a green dot on the outside label. Green dot = upgraded hub.

Upgraded rear wheels can also be identified by the locknut on the non-drive side of the hub. The new locknut features the word “TIGHTEN”. New “TIGHTEN” locknut = upgraded hub.

Adding the Bearing Spacer Upgrade Kit to M1 rear hubs dramatically improves bearing durability and eliminates hub play associated with an unthreading preload adjuster. The Bearing Spacer Kit can be installed by Easton distributors, retailers or competent home mechanics. Please note: All parts of the update kit need to be used together for the kit to work.

Two separate items will be available for shipping beginning late-February 2013.

1) M1 BEARING SPACER / BEARING KIT – Part# 8004010 (Shops need one per rear hub)

2) BEARING DRIFT KIT 15 M1 BEARING SPACER – Part# 8004015 (This is the tool kit. Shops need just
one of these).

For ordering requests call (800) 969-4476 or email wheelinfo@eastonbellsports.com. For more information contact your local Easton-Bell Sports representative.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 7:14 Quote
JMcP92 wrote:
I too bought the Haven's from CRC, and e-mailed Easton UK best part of 2 weeks ago now, still no response. Let me know what response CRC give you, I may also chase them up on it if you get some sort of answer from them.

Sorry for delaying to answer you.
CRC told me that I'm going to have the upgrade kit before the end of summer.
So I'm waiting. . . .

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012240
Mobile Version of Website