Bottlerocket air shock suggestions

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bottlerocket air shock suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2013 at 20:22 Quote
I'm getting tired of my coil shock on my 2012 Transition Bottlerocket, and I'm not sure, but I may have blown it.
I really like air shocks and I'm wondering what rear air shock would be best for freeride on my Bottlerocket?
Any suggestion is great. And please don't tell to just get another coil, unless that's absolutely what I have to do.

Cheers,
Alec

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
Hmmm...
I switch from dhx 5 air to elka 5 stage and the different its so obvius. With dhx the bike feel so harsh, change it to elka and the bike transforming. Especially in small bump and mid travel.
However my size S bottle rocket had an issue with slightly larger than normal elka piggy back.
Now I am using ccdb air. I am still trying to find the right set up, but to honest, I like it better with elka. But then, maybe I just still not find the sweet spot with ccdb air.
I am not saying elka is better than ccdb air, its just my preference. And I just use ccdb air only 3 ride.

As for air shock, maybe you should consider vivid air too.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
Just to add, vivid air should be alot more simple to adjust than ccdb air. U just have to find the right tun for BR.

In my place its so hard to find vivid air, so I went to ccdb.

I opt for vivid if I have a choice.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010316
Mobile Version of Website