What pedals do you ride on your DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What pedals do you ride on your DJ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 21:52 Quote
DirtThrasher wrote:
I looked up the decoys and they are definitely a sweet pedal, the only problem is that I'm really trying to keep it under $100. 2 cents

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VP-001-Downhill-DH-Mountain-Bike-Pedals-Orange-Anodized-VP-Components-NEW-/300913920984?pt=US_Pedals&hash=item460fde0bd8

I was thinking about these. Very confused

The Deity Decoy's are $85, go to the store on their website. Also, use coupon code: deity-mania and get 10% off. They are sweet pedals with several color options. I use them on my Transition Double and they work great.

Best bang for buck is a plastic BMX pedals on a dirt jumper/street bike. I use the Specialized plastic P.Series platform pedals on my Specialized P1 and they are great and a lot less painful on the shins. I've also used Éclat and Shadow Conspiracy and they work great also. Best thing is BMX pedals are really cheap. Danscomp has best selection and prices and no tax and free shipping...

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 21:57 Quote
The Deity Decoy's are $85, go to the store on their website. Also, use coupon code: deity-mania and get 10% off. They are sweet pedals with several color options. I use them on my Transition Double and they work great.

Best bang for buck is a plastic BMX pedals on a dirt jumper/street bike. I use the Specialized plastic P.Series platform pedals on my Specialized P1 and they are great and a lot less painful on the shins. I've also used Éclat and Shadow Conspiracy and they work great also. Best thing is BMX pedals are really cheap. Danscomp has best selection and prices and no tax and free shipping...[/Quote]

Well if the VP's I ordered suck then I'll give the Deity's a shot. Thanks for your help. Big Grin

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 23:19 Quote
I absolutely love my Straitline De Facto pedals. I feel like I can plant my foot anywhere as the platform is large and grippy.

Transition BLT Custom Built by NorthShoreBikeShop.com

If you want something that is slimmer and a lot less money, I've also used these NRG Pedals, which are a composite Nylon material.

http://www.nrgenterprises.com/dealers/wecs.php?store=&action=display&target=P12-100

I've had a lot of people say that they've been happy with their VP's

Posted: Jul 20, 2013 at 9:01 Quote
PLASTIC!!! Cheap, light, saves shins.

Posted: Jul 20, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
streetripper wrote:
PLASTIC!!! Cheap, light, saves shins.

I agree with less expensive and light. But I don't think they save your shins. If anything, I'd say they hurt your shins more because they're not as grippy so you slip more often and therefore bash your shins.

Posted: Jul 20, 2013 at 13:58 Quote
As long as you buy the right shoes and keep both shoes and pedals clean I find they are just as grippy

Posted: Jul 20, 2013 at 17:09 Quote
streetripper wrote:
As long as you buy the right shoes and keep both shoes and pedals clean I find they are just as grippy

Makes sense, I have my plastics on my FR bike, so they are often wet and dirty.

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 at 1:32 Quote
Well the VP's were $50 and I figured for that, why not give them a shot. If i end up not to like them then I'll give one of your guy's suggestions a shot.

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 at 5:58 Quote
Mine came with odyssey twisted pc, I like them because they are large and light. They are ugly though imho

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
these are the best super lightSmile , cheepSmile , gripySmile but do have a bit of bearing creak on steep hills Frown

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=86400

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012085
Mobile Version of Website