Big AM Need Help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2013 at 5:13 Quote
I need your adviced for my next bike, I actually ride a 140mm front and 120mm rear but I want something beger more access on a freeride bike but enough light to climb some great XC mountain..I want a best of both world..Here are my choice:

-Specialized Enduro 3
-Knolly Delirium
-Trek Scratch 9 or Remedy
-Specialized Status?
-Norco Truax
-Santa Cruz Nomad

Thanks for listening I'm waiting for your respond Smile And If you have any other big AM and want to give me a advice it would be great Wink excuse my english I'm french..

Godd Day guys Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2013 at 5:46 Quote
detchoketotal wrote:
I need your adviced for my next bike, I actually ride a 140mm front and 120mm rear but I want something beger more access on a freeride bike but enough light to climb some great XC mountain..I want a best of both world..Here are my choice:

-Specialized Enduro 3
-Knolly Delirium
-Trek Scratch 9 or Remedy
-Specialized Status?
-Norco Truax
-Santa Cruz Nomad

Thanks for listening I'm waiting for your respond Smile And If you have any other big AM and want to give me a advice it would be great Wink excuse my english I'm french..

Godd Day guys Smile
covert

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
Couple more suggestions:
Giant Reign X
Ghost Cagua

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 21:55 Quote
The Truax is a straight up ship. Despite what it says on the website, you want to shuttle that one. Maybe the Range or Sight? Those have been selling like hotcakes these days. I demoed a Sight and liked it, but avoid the Truax if you want to go up.

Same with the status.

Maybe the NS Soda Air? Reasonable Seat Tube Angle, excellent freeride geo, adjustable travel and chainstays, and a look that's hard to beat. That said, it's still 6-7" of travel, which is always going to be a lot for doing XC climbs. Other things to look out for would be the Kona Process (burly trail-bike, you can probably get a 2013 on closeout pricing soon) and the Yeti SB-66 (climbs well for its travel). Cheaper options are hecklers, especially used. Loads of those things around, and people use em' for just about everything.

Sadly if you only have one bike, you'll never have the best of BOTH worlds, you'll have somewhere in the middle or the best of one. You won't be as fast as a sled going down, and you aren't going to climb like a carbon 29'er. But you can get a bike you'll have a lot of fun on.

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 19:13 Quote
Wow that is a really complete post you do right now :o but seriously I think I will buy a Specialized Enduro or a Intence Tracer or Santa Cruz Nomad..yeah the ns soda is pretty damn good I will see..or a trek fuel ex 8 or a norco sight or range yeah I really trust norco i've had 3 norco bike since. I begin biking..only 1 giant and really norco are pretty the best I've ride..

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 20:44 Quote
Iv'e found a brand new tracer 2 kashima..still a good deal..or yeti sb-66 kashima too..heum a sight 2 from norco..a trek remedy carbon..or I have a local shop that can do me some great price on trek fuel, rumblefish kashima..things like this I know the owner Smile

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 20:56 Quote
detchoketotal wrote:
Iv'e found a brand new tracer 2 kashima..still a good deal..or yeti sb-66 kashima too..heum a sight 2 from norco..a trek remedy carbon..or I have a local shop that can do me some great price on trek fuel, rumblefish kashima..things like this I know the owner Smile

I probably wouldn't want to get a rumblefish or trek fuel for big all mountain, they're XC/Trail bikes. You can ride a bit of all mountain sure, but I wouldn't really want to shuttle either of those.

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 21:12 Quote
So would you say that intense tracer 2 , yeti 66 , norco sight, bike like those should be what I need to look for? Probably trek remedy I like them alot or Specialized Enduro too.

Ive been searching alot for:
-Knolly Chicoltin 3
-Specialized Enduro
-Norco Truax or Range
-Giant Reign that I will bild full kashi X-0 because of a friend who work at a bike shop..

Anyone else have some suggestions..Personally I want a big bike because I actually ride a 140mm and know that I need something more solid my norco is really strong but im near to be a downhill ride I like doing some big jumps hit rocks and everything..but like to climb hill too..alot of people told me spec enduro and reign should be the best choice for me..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010932
Mobile Version of Website