Rear brake only for downhill?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rear brake only for downhill?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 9:03 Quote
Anybody run rear brake only on there downhill bike? Never use my front brake and looking to upgrade my brakes and thought why not run only rear and save myself 250 for a front that never gets used. Thoughts

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 11:01 Quote
JarrettDow wrote:
Anybody run rear brake only on there downhill bike? Never use my front brake and looking to upgrade my brakes and thought why not run only rear and save myself 250 for a front that never gets used. Thoughts

I would run one. You never know when your going to have to stop fast. Also I think you will not be able to race without one.

Why not keep the old front and just upgrade the back?

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 12:04 Quote
jimferno wrote:
Facepalm

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 12:23 Quote
Merici wrote:
jimferno wrote:
Facepalm
This.

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 7:30 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Merici wrote:
jimferno wrote:
Facepalm
This.

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 7:56 Quote
JarrettDow wrote:

How are you not using a front brake when downhilling? The majority of your stopping power should be coming off the front brake in the straight sections. Most of your weight is transferred over the front wheel anyways so why wouldn't you want to get the most efficient usable stopping power instead of just skidding the back wheel around behind you?

You need to overcome the fear and initial awkward feeling of a front brake when going downhill but once you get the confidence of being able to modulate the pressure you apply on the front, you are going to learn how to learn how to slow your bike in a more controlled fashion - you will become a much better rider.

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 17:30 Quote
use your front break you need to learn a to modulate. i will never ride without my gront break.

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
This could only be found on PinkBike. Eek

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 18:35 Quote
If you ride steep technical DH and freeride it would be border line suicidal not to have a front break.I wear my rear break out for controls skids into turns and to scrub speed without chancing my front my front wheel out from under me etc.I dont really like to use it ,it is fun to use your rear brake to control your bikeIf you aboslutely have to stop or slow down for real,you must use your front brake

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 4:24 Quote
If you don't need a front brake then you are not doing downhill.

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 5:11 Quote
GekoES wrote:
If you don't need a front brake then you are not doing downhill.
ah true!

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 21:31 Quote
this post makes laugh. i never use brakes

Posted: Jul 31, 2013 at 14:24 Quote
I don't even install brakes on my bikes.

Posted: Jul 31, 2013 at 18:57 Quote
no break ? c ' mon

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013011
Mobile Version of Website