How easy is it to change barings in hope pro 2 hubs?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How easy is it to change barings in hope pro 2 hubs?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 17:51 Quote
hey guys just wondering if it's easy or better off just taking it into the lbs to get them to do it? I'm ok at this sort of stuff but if it's tricky I'll leave it

Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 22:02 Quote
Hope video for rebuilding the rear hub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdgUvv76H28 Front hub is similar.

The video shows a couple special tools. Most of which can be recreated in your garage with a bit of creativity. Sockets to replace the drifts, etc.

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 at 4:54 Quote
Ive done both mine in the last month, it's fairly straight forward, don't be afraid to bode the tools with bits of whatever. I used an old seat post to pop one of the bearings out

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
just wondering if shimano and sram use the same lockring size ? There are 5 barings in both hubs eh 2 frnt 3 rear?
cheers guys. looks like I'm doing it myself as less than half the price frm crc ad no labour cost....

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
jonnyqt wrote:
just wondering if shimano and sram use the same lockring size

Which? The lock ring that holds the cassette on? If you have less than an 11 speed cassette than yes.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 21:46 Quote
Cackerman wrote:
jonnyqt wrote:
just wondering if shimano and sram use the same lockring size

Which? The lock ring that holds the cassette on? If you have less than an 11 speed cassette than yes.
cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009932
Mobile Version of Website