Rock Shox argyle

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rock Shox argyle
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 15:28 Quote
wahts your thoughts?

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 20:28 Quote
About what aspects? Color, weight, reliability, how sexy you look with one.... what do you want to know?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
anything i'm getting one if you have comments good or bad i wanna hear

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
Which model are you getting?

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:54 Quote
I would suggest you go with a 318. I don't have personal experience with Argyles, but 318 is generally considered more stable in the sense that it is less problem prone. Not to say the 409 isn't a fine fork, but it's got some growing to do. Anyone feel free to correct me.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:58 Quote
yeaive heard stor'ys about that but is it really true i know a uy that has one and it hasnt failed him seems stable and im also looking for an air fork so...

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:58 Quote
hey so i got an argyle 409 and i love it. only thing is that i personly dont need that much adjustment at the tip of my fingers. its nice but not needed. if you want i will posibly sel you mine. they are a lot better than riding a pike for dirt jumping i had one of them to. over all they are a verry sturdy fork. the only thing i dont like about it is that it dosnt fit the rst of my bike color wise. lol but thats just me.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 22:03 Quote
yea i liek teh adjsutments able to dial in my fork, dude i'd buy yours but i can get a brand new one 2008 for cheaper then you could sel;l your used one. haha colour wise my bike is teak brown the green with white cables is gonna loock ghetto!

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 5:14 Quote
well I got the 409 and its sweet like it doesnt even botom out it gets really stiff when its about to i think its awsome ..if your getting an argyle get the 409

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:32 Quote
yee they designed it so that it was really hard to botttom them out for people who dont always land smoothly, it says right on the website, designed to take abuse and stand up to what you can throw at it

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
I have heard about a lot of the 409's bending. Colour wise, I find it ikky.

Besides that, its a great fork and it rides well.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 11:30 Quote
So what is the difference between the 409, 318 etc?

and what are argyles like for trail riding?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
ive been riding a 409 now for about a month, and i wouldnt have it any other way. the thing about the 409 is its air sprung, so for riders that do it all from XC to FR DH and DJ back to the park, its perfect. I have mine set at about 175PSI of air, and my compression dial turned 1 click from full, and thats my favorite setting for the park and dirt. its soft enough to take a big hit, but stiff enough that it handles well in half pipes, bowls and whatever else a park can through at you. I went downhilling with it the other day as well and just turned my compression almost all the way down, and it was butter smooth. If you dont need all that fancy stuff the 318 is just a spring, with compression. although the 409 is just a bit lighter than the 318 it all comes down on to what kind of riding you do the most. and if your having bottom out problems adjust your flood gate, which is the gold knob inside your compression dial.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 19:57 Quote
The 409 is the best fork I've ever ridden. Its so light, plush, and versatile. The only downfall is how the paint chips mega easily.

The 318 is kinda cheaper...its stiff, basic, sometimes clicks and basically just looks good more than anything.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012038
Mobile Version of Website