24" Dirt Jump Frame

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
24" Dirt Jump Frame
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
DJDude93 wrote:
yeah but people roll with 24s too, just like the Dob. people sa it rides nice with 24s but i was wondering if there was a nicer frame than that with the same BB and droupouts etc.

thanks
yes but 24"dobs have shorter cs than the 26's so they can be 24" spefic whereas the leaf is a 26" spefic frame so if you run 24s you are making the frame longer Frown so it will spin slowly compared to a 24" spefic frame.

i thought that dobs were 24/26 and just have short chainstays?
but yeah a 24" wheel in a 26" frame will feel wank, itll feel long and the bb will be lower.
to be good with 24" wheels you dont want your stays any longer than around 380mm

ns subs are 135 rear ends and are a good choice. light as f*ck and awesome geo. it doesnt have a spanish but i think the 09 one will have one
to be fair though a good euro bb will last just as long as a spannish, but then spanish are alot cheaper and you only have to to replace only 2 bearings.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
nutty247 wrote:
DJDude93 wrote:
yeah but people roll with 24s too, just like the Dob. people sa it rides nice with 24s but i was wondering if there was a nicer frame than that with the same BB and droupouts etc.

thanks
yes but 24"dobs have shorter cs than the 26's so they can be 24" spefic whereas the leaf is a 26" spefic frame so if you run 24s you are making the frame longer Frown so it will spin slowly compared to a 24" spefic frame.

but yeah a 24" wheel in a 26" frame will feel wank, itll feel long and the bb will be lower.
to be good with 24" wheels you dont want your stays any longer than around 380mm

ns subs are 135 rear ends and are a good choice. light as f*ck and awesome geo. it doesnt have a spanish but i think the 09 one will have one
to be fair though a good euro bb will last just as long as a spannish, but then spanish are alot cheaper and you only have to to replace only 2 bearings.

We designed the Pinscher to be compatible with 24 AND 26, hense the long slot on the drop out. It'll feel ace with either wheel size.

As for something a bit more specific, we came out with the evolution of our Molosse model. it comes in either 24 or 26 specific with 110X14 spacing and Giro tabs.
The geo is identical for both, only the drop outs are different from the 24 and 26'' version. This with the Spanish BB ads to some much needed cleanliness and weight savings.
The 24'' comes in at 5 lbs flat and the 26'' is at 5.1 lbs.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
nutty247 wrote:
DJDude93 wrote:

thanks

yeah but i need spanish because im swapping parts over from another bike - with a spanish BB. i like subs but two of my mates have them and i don't want to feel like a "sheep" =/

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
nutty247 wrote:

yeah but i need spanish because im swapping parts over from another bike - with a spanish BB. i like subs but two of my mates have them and i don't want to feel like a "sheep" =/
DO NOT get a frame because you want a spefic bb. juts get a new one they are just like $25
and there are loads :
24seven sl
mutant xray
ns
dob etc
and dont feel like a sheep so long as you can ride your bike its all good.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
why did you quote but not write anything?

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
get an identiti p60 end thread

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
its edited now

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
DJDude93 wrote:
its edited now

why do people quote people and dont write anything . ive never got that

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
TaylorBarr wrote:
nutty247 wrote:
DJDude93 wrote:
its edited now

why do people quote people and dont write anything . ive never got that
it means you agree but i was not agree just clicked the wrong button lol

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
ns capital. awesome frame. spanish bb integrated headset and the 09 one is way lighter than all others
it says its a street frame but its awesome for riding everything

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
get either a identiti there just the best, 24-seven slacker! orrrr a ns suburban !!!!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
bmxboy08 wrote:
get either a identiti there just the best, 24-seven slacker! orrrr a ns suburban !!!!
id go-p60 then sub(24) and get an sl over a slacker

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
p60 is lighter by alot than the slacker not sure on ns though only one round here is a bitch o and a capital

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
p60kiz wrote:
p60 is lighter by alot than the slacker not sure on ns though only one round here is a bitch o and a capital

suburban is lighter than the p60. p60s look nice but ive heard bad things about the dropouts, apparently they twist really easily from doing 360s and landing a little heavy

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
on one gimp?

PM me Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026504
Mobile Version of Website