I sweat a lot ... Normal ? Why compared to others ?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
I sweat a lot ... Normal ? Why compared to others ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 15:16 Quote
Hi I've always sweated a lot right from young age and it don't take much for me to start sweating . This is a pain in the ass it hard to know what to wear when the weather gets colder more so . Why is this ? Why would I sweat loads more and others don't seen to ? I've read that it's a good sighn that your core tempture is working good . How can I controll the sweating better ? Thanks for any advice / info

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
Im one of these too, on the bike its fine because your sweating anyway, but when you go out and your single, trying to get the girls is a little harder.

I found avoiding colours that easily show it like avoiding greys and sticking to blacks or whites or other less obvious colours are good.. Wear an undershirt helps, use powder under the arms as well as deodorant, wear a separate shirt in the car or around the house than change before you leave the car/house
If it that bad maybe periodic stops to the bathroom to wipe them with toilet paper if its really bad.
Anything to just limit the damage haha, you could go all out and use all the tips or just a few or one at a time. If its so bad its somewhat medical you can get botox for it.
Sometimes if you find yoru underarm hair is sort of bunching up and creating the sweat to bunch and not dry away you may try trimming your hair so it cant bunch into a soaked area. Dont shave it but just get rid of the clumps that fill with sweat.

If you are a nervous person chances are you will sweat more anyway so helping with that could be massively helpful, I find at home im fine but if I go out somewhere were I feel nervous I get it bad (obviously as we do when were nervous) but you don't need to be panic nervous to have it just any raise in nervousness can promote the body to overheat and sweat more.

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
A lot of people have the same thing. If it's somewhere specific (armpits) then you can purchase over the counter stuff called Driclor. My local Tesco sell it. Pretty much stops armpit sweat completely.

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 13:53 Quote
Thanks guys . My main problem is from my head . I sweat that easy and it stings my eyes

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 23:04 Quote
Same here I seat shit tons! Its been like this for 3 years. At work, driving simple things I sweat. Running on the tread mill my sweat becomes chaotic.. I've used c couple over the counter like certain dri for the armpits, shit dosnt really work but leaves white stains all over my clothes... I'm not over weight by anymeans 6,3 170 pounds. My next step is to go see the doctor

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 0:47 Quote
downhillMBSTR wrote:
Same here I seat shit tons! Its been like this for 3 years. At work, driving simple things I sweat. Running on the tread mill my sweat becomes chaotic.. I've used c couple over the counter like certain dri for the armpits, shit dosnt really work but leaves white stains all over my clothes... I'm not over weight by anymeans 6,3 170 pounds. My next step is to go see the doctor
yep I think I'm going straight to the doctor to its been like this for years now even the straps to my bag get white marks on them after ridding . Don't get it my mats can ride the same trails and they look cool

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 7:25 Quote
Yep, I'm a heavy sweater, especially when riding - I also consume a huge amount of water on the trails just to try to keep hydrated. Generally I work in an air-con office so don't suffer during the day.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
sometimes when you wear white shirts left with slightly stain, how can I get rid off it? ._.

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 14:06 Quote
Hey guys, only just seen this now but I had the exact same problem for the last 6/7 years, particularly on my face and head and it annoyed the hell out of me. Tried a number of different things with no good results.
I got some professional help on it from a doctor who dealt with this kind of thing and I now use oxybutynin (also known as ditropan I believe) tablets when I know I'm going into a situation where it might happen (social events etc). Only side effects for me are a dry mouth whichever is easily overcome by the fact that it stops you sweating and you just take a bottle of water. Changed everything for me. Still sweat when exercising but in normal 'social' situations it's great.
Part of it is psychological in that when you feel it coming on it gets worse. Just Knowing I have these tablets at hand and that they work has cured 50% of it straight off the other 50% is dealt with by the tablets. It also means you can choose when to take them. If you don't want to do them anymore you just stop, no irreversible treatments, really puts the control in your hands which really helps with the issue.

Speak to your doctor and mention these to see what they say as I would imagine they will affect everyone differently so get your doctor to check it out before you do anything. I believe it is quite a new thing so may not be that well known.

Hope this helps you guys as it worked a treat for me and really sorted me out!

Cheers,
Alex

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011638
Mobile Version of Website