S-works enduro vs yeti sb-66 ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
S-works enduro vs yeti sb-66 ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 7:12 Quote
Im in the market to build up a new XC bike and I've narrowed it down to a enduro or a yeti. Could anyone give some pros and cons and user experience. Thank you.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 13:09 Quote
Love my enduro. It's not an s works but can only imagine that it's even more amazing.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 19:53 Quote
I have never ridden an enduro, but I'm sure it rides as nice as everyone raves. As for the SB66, I love mine. It's one of the plushest, yet sporty feeling frame I have ever ridden. It begs to be thrown around, and the harder you ride it, the more it responds to you. The pedalling platform is amazing, if the sag is set right, it climbs like a hardtail - so much so I leave it in the descend mode on the CTD 90% of the time. It really shines if you push your bike into corners and like to pop off anything you see. I have heard that it can be awkward at slower speeds, but I really haven't had that problem. The bike just wants to go as fast as you can. The only downside was that I kept blowing through the travel very easily because the suspension is very linear. But a volume spacer in the CTD shock ($25 and 2 mins to do) and its peeerrrrfect. Smile

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
S Works Enduro with a CC Double Barrel air and RS Pike up front is a winning combination. It's an extremely efficient pedaling platform and tears up the downhills. The bike is very light and super responsive, 26" or not, these are well designed bikes.

SW Enduro

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
Sb66 will climb/pedal better and the enduro will descend a little better. Depends what's more important to you.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:20 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
Sb66 will climb/pedal better and the enduro will descend a little better. Depends what's more important to you.

Which is a better climber is completely debatable...The S Works is very efficient and just as good a climber as the Stumpy EVO. But the fact is, these aren't cross country weight weenie bikes, They get you up the hill with very little sacrifice and let you descend like a madman.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:43 Quote
fullspeed1 wrote:

Which is a better climber is completely debatable...The S Works is very efficient and just as good a climber as the Stumpy EVO. But the fact is, these aren't cross country weight weenie bikes, They get you up the hill with very little sacrifice and let you descend like a madman.

There isn't really anything out there that climbs like the SB, and I've heard countless people say that FSRs climb like poo, but I have never ridden an enduro so I cannot state that as a fact. I rode a SJ and I can tell you it does not pedal anywhere even close to how the switch technology in the SB pedals. Ride one and you will see. It feels like a hardtail without giving you the harsh feeling on the small bumps that many suspension platforms give you, but the sag has to be set correctly for the efficiency to be there.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:58 Quote
I had the same choices and dilemma. I rode both bikes a few times before making a decision and only went with the enduro because of the better price. I love the bike and also loved the yeti. You will not be disappointed with either bike. A few things to keep in mind is the proprietary shock on the enduro. This is the only complaint with mine is that I cannot update the rear shock without basically custom ordering something. Both bikes are all mountain machines and top of the class

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
fullspeed1 wrote:

There isn't really anything out there that climbs like the SB, and I've heard countless people say that FSRs climb like poo, but I have never ridden an enduro so I cannot state that as a fact. I rode a SJ and I can tell you it does not pedal anywhere even close to how the switch technology in the SB pedals. Ride one and you will see. It feels like a hardtail without giving you the harsh feeling on the small bumps that many suspension platforms give you, but the sag has to be set correctly for the efficiency to be there.

You obviously have not ridden an S works Enduro......

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
fullspeed1 wrote:
tangaroo wrote:
fullspeed1 wrote:

You obviously have not ridden an S works Enduro......

.......as stated above. I am not dissing the enduro at all. Everyone who knows AM/trail bikes knows its one of the best out there. I am just saying there is no way it pedals like the SB, because nothing pedals like the SB. All professional reviews even say so. One review actually said it rode like a better climbing enduro...

That said, the extra inch of travel on the enduro I'm sure side by side it would beat the SB on the downs by the fractional amount the SB beats the enduro on the ups...

Don't take offense for your bike, that is a sick rig, but no bike is "perfect for everything". I may have ended up with an Enduro if the LBS that stocks specialized wasn't a piece of shit.

But... I just saw Jared Graves will be riding his SB66 in the downhill championships... if that proves anything.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
No worries, no offense taken.....But you would be amazed at what the Enduro doesn't give up on the climbs. The bike seriously shreds up and down the mountain.

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 4:51 Quote
fullspeed1 wrote:
No worries, no offense taken.....But you would be amazed at what the Enduro doesn't give up on the climbs. The bike seriously shreds up and down the mountain.

I don't doubt that at all. I'd love to have an enduro evo built up beefy as a singlecrown DH bike.... ahhh someday.

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 6:46 Quote
I love the DH/FR but wanted to be able to ride 20 miles of road and single track.

I ended up getting

YETI SB-66

Fox float 36
Saint drive chain
Saint brakes
Mavic 721's with Hope pro 2's
35mm straitline stem
Straitline pedals

Well you get the idea..

So iv ended up with a bike that I can ride anywhere, climbs like a mountain goat and comes down the other side like a DH bike (almost)..

I love it.. I done every kind of riding on it including full on DH and its been great...

Truth is.. If you ride DH and DH only then get the right tool for the job.. But if you want to do a little of everything then most AM bikes out there right now will be perfect...

The best thing you can do is to try a few bikes and see what works best for you...

Everyone is going to tell you that the bike they own is the best bike and you should get the same as them.. Truth is what's right for one might not be right for another..

I tried a couple of bikes before I got the yeti and I know, for me, the yeti was the right bike..

Yeti SB-66

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 3:23 Quote
j-maul wrote:
Im in the market to build up a new XC bike and I've narrowed it down to a enduro or a yeti. Could anyone give some pros and cons and user experience. Thank you.

Neither of those bikes can be considered XC?

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 3:59 Quote
EpicStormer wrote:
j-maul wrote:

Neither of those bikes can be considered XC?

What one person calls XC another calls AM... too many genres. The dude wants a good mountain bike...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027301
Mobile Version of Website