How did you first become interested in riding?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How did you first become interested in riding?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 3:27 Quote
Hey, I thought it would be cool to tell the story of that moment we first realized that mountain biking was something we loved and wanted to keep doing. Here is mine.

I rode bikes a lot when I was a kid but I bought my first fully ridged 10 speed "mountain bike" for an outdoor education class when I was 16. This was in 1997. It was steel and as heavy as a boat anchor. Even with such a junky bike, I had an amazing first trail ride. I broke my handle bars while climbing a hill so had to do the rest of the ride with a stick holding them together. Soon after this I bought a fully ridged 21 speed Norco Mountaineer. It served me very well. I then upgraded to my first front suspension bike, a Giant Bolder and sold my mountaineer to my little brother. I hated that giant bolder bike.

The next bike I bought was a Devinci cactus with a manitou spider. My wife bought me a sweet 80mm White Bro. fork for my birthday one year. she worked in a bike shop.
I started racing xc on that set up and have been hooked ever since.

My next bikes were a 03 Devinci Magma, Raliegh xt from japan, Cube Appear from Vietnam, and now a Jamis XLT 1.0 2006.

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 21:05 Quote
One day my grandma came over with my cousins 20 coaster brake bike it was orange wit a skull and said to bad on the frame it also had knobby tires which at the time lead me to believe it was a mtn bike up north camping I would ride around the mini trails that connected the camp sites and did some pretty scetchy descents and at home I would take a confer block we had and a piece of plywood and made a jump about 1.5 fight high and I flew off that all the time road that bike from 6 years old to maybe 9 years old out grew the bike and moved and my new neighbors are avid xc racers and they really got me into it that's my story

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 21:54 Quote
I remember a banana - seat bike with ape hanger type handle bars i had when i was 8 or 9. Used to set up a block of wood in my yard and jump it too. Loved the paint job on that bike. silver flake blue.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008963
Mobile Version of Website