Euro BB & BMX Crank

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Euro BB & BMX Crank
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 14:39 Quote
Hello,

I have just bought an octane void 3.0 frame and starting my build. I am not very familiar with the bottom bracket thing and cranks. I would like to get Odyssey crank on it as they seem to have very good recomm. However, it seems that the spindle is 22mm and that the Euro BB they sell is for 19mm only?

I struggle to understand that. My guess is that I would either need to find another euro BB that accept 22mm or I would need to go for 19mm crank spindle, but neither of them seem to be sold by odyssey themselves..Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
syvid wrote:
Hello,

I have just bought an octane void 3.0 frame and starting my build. I am not very familiar with the bottom bracket thing and cranks. I would like to get Odyssey crank on it as they seem to have very good recomm. However, it seems that the spindle is 22mm and that the Euro BB they sell is for 19mm only?

I struggle to understand that. My guess is that I would either need to find another euro BB that accept 22mm or I would need to go for 19mm crank spindle, but neither of them seem to be sold by odyssey themselves..Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

If the spindle is 22mm, then you'll just need a 22mm Euro BB. It's just that simple. They aren't as prevalent as 19mm is, but they're still out there. I think the 22mm is slowly going away. I haven't seen anything 22mm in quite some time personally and even Dans Comp doesn't have a 22mm Euro BB anymore.

Here's one I found that comes in a 19mm size and 22mm size.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/blank-euro-bottom-bracket/rp-prod45327

To run that on a Void, you might have to space the BB out from the frame depending on the size chainring/chainwheel you intend to use. I'm using a 68/73mm outboard BB on my Void and had to space my BB out 2 spacers on the drive side to get the 34t chainring out far enough to not hit the chainstay. If you plan on running smaller, you may not have the issues I did, but it is something to keep in mind.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 21:31 Quote
Just get the octaine one 2pcs. Pro cranks I've been riding them for over a year now no problem. They will fit perfect and you won't have to worry about spacing issues.

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 0:59 Quote
Thanks guys, I think going for the octane one crankset seems a reasonable solution!

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 11:49 Quote
profile has a 22mm outboard bb that's pretty bad ass.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010897
Mobile Version of Website