Bell SUPER helmet - LOVE IT

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bell SUPER helmet - LOVE IT
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 21:13 Quote
Just finished my first ride with the Bell Super all mountain helmet. Pretty sick helmet, for sure. I bought two of these - one for me and one for my 11 yo son. We both lean XC, but he has been scaring me with his speed lately and I love the added protection of this helmet. We live in Montana, so even if we call it XC its really pretty sick all mountain trails.

Venting seemed plenty adequate. Obviously not as airy as a skimpy road helmet, but nothing at all like a bmx bucket helmet. I rode hard and had a wet head, but no sweat dripping in my eyes. Weight is a bit more than an ultralight helmet, but the polycarbonate shell really isn't as thick as it looks in photos. Polycarbonate is what bullet proof glass and RC car bodies are made of.

Best of all is fit... now I have a head that doesn't fit a Giro. Giro helmets have tons of room on the sides. This Bell fits like a custom molded lid. When I tighten the retention system on the back it will actually lock on my head. Rock solid fit. Same thing with my son. We tried Giro, Fox, and Bell helmets and the Bell fit our heads the best, hands down.

The rad enduro styling (this thing looks pumped up just sitting still), removable GoPro mount, sunglasses storage, goggle retention system, and goggle compatible visor are rock solid attributes, but the added protection really fuelled the purchase of these two new helmets. With my old helmet I'd find myself feeling pretty naked while bombing down tree-lined rocky descents. This new helmet just feels right. It matches the bikes and trails of today. I think Bell nailed it with this helmet, and others will surely follow very soon.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 21:02 Quote
I like mine too. More comfy than the poc I tried.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010206
Mobile Version of Website