All mountain frame to freeride shock

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
All mountain frame to freeride shock
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 6:01 Quote
Hey Im riding a saracen ariel 161 2013 I was wondering is it possible to change my current fork into a freeride or downhill 180mm or 200mm double crown fork.

current spec: CNC Taper 1 1/8" to 1.5" headtube / 160mm travel running on 30mm main pivot cartridge bearings and 15mm NorglideTM linkage bushings / 9mm dropout

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 11:18 Quote
madnes5 wrote:
Hey Im riding a saracen ariel 161 2013 I was wondering is it possible to change my current fork into a freeride or downhill 180mm or 200mm double crown fork.

current spec: CNC Taper 1 1/8" to 1.5" headtube / 160mm travel running on 30mm main pivot cartridge bearings and 15mm NorglideTM linkage bushings / 9mm dropout

No, you will rip your headtube open. The ariel is a trail bike and in no way is it designed to run dual crown forks.

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
but single crown 180mm should be fine?

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 20:14 Quote
madnes5 wrote:
but single crown 180mm should be fine?
Ya but you will need a hub that will fit a 20mm axle instead of that 9mm.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 9:47 Quote
madnes5 wrote:
but single crown 180mm should be fine?

as far as i know the max travel the ariel can handle is 160mm

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 15:20 Quote
madnes5 wrote:
but single crown 180mm should be fine?

Agreed 160 max. It will surely be out of balance with a 180 up front and a 140 air on the back?

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 0:32 Quote
djzombie wrote:
madnes5 wrote:
but single crown 180mm should be fine?

as far as i know the max travel the ariel can handle is 160mm

I think thats the old ariel. the 2013 model geometry is kinda different i guess. correct me.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 2:03 Quote
djzombie wrote:
madnes5 wrote:
Hey Im riding a saracen ariel 161 2013 I was wondering is it possible to change my current fork into a freeride or downhill 180mm or 200mm double crown fork.

current spec: CNC Taper 1 1/8" to 1.5" headtube / 160mm travel running on 30mm main pivot cartridge bearings and 15mm NorglideTM linkage bushings / 9mm dropout

No, you will rip your headtube OFF. The ariel is a trail bike and in no way is it designed to run dual crown forks.

This would be the result:

It will feel like this but worse:

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 14:39 Quote
That picture makes a 951 frame look like a tin can. That frame looks really, really thin. Must be the picture.

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 4:04 Quote
I have the same bike.I do not want to change the forks but I find that the coil Lyriks that came on it are really soft and I keep bottoming them out. There is no adjustments other than rebound on the fork. Does anyone know what spring comes inside the fork without me taking it all apart to find out and recommend a place where I can get a stiffer spring. TF Tuned only have the 170mm or the U-Turn springs.

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 12:08 Quote
Lol they will have a soft or med spring swnd them to tf tuned and get them serviced and tuned to ypu and your bike best thing u will do. Lyrics are good forks

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007144
Mobile Version of Website