stop using sam hill as a referance

PB Forum :: Downhill
stop using sam hill as a referance
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
hill is doing a great job for his sponsers, (i used to swear if i bought new cranks/bb then it would be raceface ones, but after looking around the funn hooka's that hill rides have made me want to buy those.
but as the post says,i do find it annoying when people say stuff like 'hill rides flats, that means flats are better'. it does,t it just the person who is quickest, prefers to use them. at the worlds, barel was how far off hills time? 0.8s iirc. he rides spds and he had just come back from a foot injury.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
fortyninepercent wrote:
I bought a 8,000 dollar trek because of Lance Armstrong, you guys are haters.

Haha!

Check out the Trek 69er, it's got inverted custom Maverick forks, looks insane.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
Hah, that's never good is it. It's not that it's monster it's just that like barely anyone in Australia has even tried it, infact its working so well I want to try it! Whoever does the marketing for monster is truly a genius

yeah their marketing is pretty good. big events around here all have the green monster "M" plastered everywhere. except now the drink seems to be the beverage of choice with bro's. in case you dont know, bros are guys with flat billed hats, like to wear the brands famous stars and straps, alpine stars, and srh. they listen to music like kotton mouth kings, known for songs promoting marijuana use, and they all drive lifted trucks with a 'bro lean' where the front is raised a lot more than the rear. i can go on and on about this... just google it.

haha bro for life son...j/k ya im from socal so im pretty much surrounded by that each day. I dont consider myself bro but, my favorite bands pennywise, i wear a flat billed famous hat, i mostly wear black dickies, high white socks, and vans slip ons, oh and white electric sunglasses,lol i dont listen to rap because punks my life and im in a punk/rock band. And i dont smoke or start meaningless fights either. sorry for the long post but its funny to see someone talk bout this. oh and ya i loooove monsters. and i have a friend with a tacoma thats got the bro lean. haha

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
Monster tastes like shit, just like RedBull or any other unhealthy concentration of calories, stimulants and simple sugars.

Want more energy ? Try not eating crap, get a proper amount of sleep, and keep hydrated with WATER. If you think Sam Hill or any other top tier athlete uses products like RedBull or Monster to gain a physical advantage, you're dreaming. The only thing it might be somewhate helpful for would be reducing the effects or Jetlag, but you're gonna feel even worse after a couple hours.
good point if you want a good energy drink get this stuff called exelerade it is a powder you mix with water it is complex sugar calories which means it helps you and is actully doing something. but great thread guys!

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
Hah, that's never good is it. It's not that it's monster it's just that like barely anyone in Australia has even tried it, infact its working so well I want to try it! Whoever does the marketing for monster is truly a genius

yeah their marketing is pretty good. big events around here all have the green monster "M" plastered everywhere. except now the drink seems to be the beverage of choice with bro's. in case you dont know, bros are guys with flat billed hats, like to wear the brands famous stars and straps, alpine stars, and srh. they listen to music like kotton mouth kings, known for songs promoting marijuana use, and they all drive lifted trucks with a 'bro lean' where the front is raised a lot more than the rear. i can go on and on about this... just google it.

HOLY you just sterotyped like half the people at any dh race. Monster's marketing is excelent. But if sam was such a big part of monsters marketing why dont they have him in mainstream media. I've never seen sam out side of the mounting bike industry in any of monster's marketing ploys. And anyone that knows anything knows that sam hill is fast because he is god. duh!

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
fortyninepercent wrote:
you only look like a bro, haha.
haha pretty much. No spade or alpinestar shirts either only punk bands and bike shirts. oh and no dirt bikes or quads yet.
maybe a yamaha yzf 450 down the road. lol

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:

Funniest thing was when Sam Hill won the psychosis and was on the podium with a Monster Drink and it was a Redbull race....hhmmmmmm me thinks redbulls days in our sport might be numbered...I said maybe.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:04 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
haha whilst were on this matter. just stop comparing any bike or rider to a pro's.

the bikes that pros ride are so far from retail models im suprised they are even made by the same company!

Well put...see Giant makes killer bikes for the money and don't need high profile whiners to market there bikes. They let the technology they develope speak for itself. All there racers use stock frames...gone are the days of custom race bikes at Giant. If they have a special bike, it is just a next years proto, no one off tubesets, no new frame every race...just stock frames. Maestro=Good

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
haha whilst were on this matter. just stop comparing any bike or rider to a pro's.

the bikes that pros ride are so far from retail models im suprised they are even made by the same company!

Well put...see Giant makes killer bikes for the money and don't need high profile whiners to market there bikes. They let the technology they develope speak for itself. All there racers use stock frames...gone are the days of custom race bikes at Giant. If they have a special bike, it is just a next years proto, no one off tubesets, no new frame every race...just stock frames. Maestro=Good

wow thats pretty neat. If you look at anyone else like Santa Cruz or Ironhorse the frames are all magnesium and carbon and have totally different gerometry and bb heights and whatnot.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
shure the stuff that sam rides is great stuf but u cant use him as a reference to how good they are, ex the boxxer wc are great forks and that was known before samy used them same with the codes and gravity cranks.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
before u no it its gonna be monster rampage

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:

Funniest thing was when Sam Hill won the psychosis and was on the podium with a Monster Drink and it was a Redbull race....hhmmmmmm me thinks redbulls days in our sport might be numbered...I said maybe.

The next freeride event in utah will be called "monster rampage"

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
[Quote="freerider788"]
maestroforlife wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:

i agree...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012062
Mobile Version of Website