longest power assisted jump on bike 35.63metres (116ft11inch)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
longest power assisted jump on bike 35.63metres (116ft11inch)
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
24sevenmatt wrote:
F**K me.

yer that look fu**ing painfull

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
mmmkkaaayy...

he probably committed suicide from being so humiliated...

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
windsorbighitrider wrote:
mmmkkaaayy...

Are you freaking kidding me? This isn't something to be making fun of, you dumbass. He committed suicide after months of painful rehab and the thought that he might not be able to ride ever again. Don't assume anything, and don't try to look cool making fun of 1)someone with more talent in their left nut than you could ever have, and 2)someone who tragically thought that suicide was the only way out.
Go home.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
chainrxn wrote:
windsorbighitrider wrote:
mmmkkaaayy...

Are you freaking kidding me? This isn't something to be making fun of, you dumbass. He committed suicide after months of painful rehab and the thought that he might not be able to ride ever again. Don't assume anything, and don't try to look cool making fun of 1)someone with more talent in their left nut than you could ever have, and 2)someone who tragically thought that suicide was the only way out.
Go home.

obviously being sarcastic pushed someone's buttons. I wasn't making fun of his suicide. Thats just how you interpreted it. Don't take everything so personal.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
do you think colin was trying a tailwhip when it all went wrong??? or was it just bad luck?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
thats sad i cant realy have much feelings for ppl that commit suicide

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
thespasticbadger wrote:
do you think colin was trying a tailwhip when it all went wrong??? or was it just bad luck?

He was trying to flip it i heard.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
Looked liek a table top at first, but then it just looks like he got way to much air and pushe dhte biek out of his way.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
No he was not trying a tail whip. He boosted something like 20' straight up and was just thinking of not dieing. Unfortunatly Nate didn't know what was going on and drove straight ahead (as was the plan) but Colin went so high the landing ramp was gone when he came down on asphalt. I heard rumors that he had a lot of problems at the time (realationships as well as not riding) Who knows I respect Colin as a rider he was one of the best, but I don't know how messed up you would have to be to take your own life.

As for his record, it stood for a whyle but not long. It was broken by some guy on Kona stinky supreme. I have more respect for Collin's jump though and I think the two jumps should both be in the record books as jumping a 20" bike like that is way harder than a big bike. Also with the record jump it was a bit of a contest between thw two DK riders Collin and Robbie Moralas. Robbie came up short on one attempt and ripped the rear triangle off his bike. His girlfriend made him stop (he prob had a load in his pants too.....)

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
i know its not mtb but its still a bike and its f*cking crazy

its insane 1 time wasnt enough for him ?

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:33 Quote
haha that was huuuuuuugee!!

on the helmet cam hes flying for so long its like 'dum deee dum dee dum'

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 1:34 Quote
its 360 feet not 116feet you idiot

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 1:35 Quote
that was crazy, i watched it on ESPN on new years eve. so much air...

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 1:36 Quote
siders wrote:
wow, your going to feel stupid when you think about what you just said haha

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 1:36 Quote
siders wrote:

if you'd look at the beginning of the post you'd realize the 116 ft thing has nothing to do with this moto jump. it's on a bmx. but good job...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011897
Mobile Version of Website