Stolen Weds Night - Blacksheep and Niner

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Stolen Weds Night - Blacksheep and Niner
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 2:59 Quote
I'm completely in shock and just devastated. Weds night I had mine and my wife's bike stolen from our garage in Windsor, Ontario.

Both bikes were locked, and were taken still locked together. Thieves gained entry by cutting out a screen, popping open a locked window and then opening the two door locks.

I'm right on the border with Detroit so it's possible they could end up in the USA.

Any eyes and ears out there please please please look out for them, we cannot replace them

My bike: A present for my 40th birthday 4 years ago.

Blacksheep Luna Vista:
Fully custom Titanium frame and truss fork.
Chris king headset and bottom bracket (pink).
Chris King hubs (pink) laced to black Stans 355 rims.
Custom modified Shimano XTR crank, polished.
Crank Bros Eggbeater pedals, white, aftermarket Titanium axles.
Bontrager XR 3 tire’s (set up tubeless).
Thomson stem and seatpost
Bontrager Infinity RXL saddle, carbon rails, white.
Ti-Cycles bar, Titanium and all bendy.
Avid Juicy Ultimate brakes
HBC chainring and sprocket.

My wife's bike:
Niner One 9
Scandium Niner One 9, size medium, Niner carbon Fork.
Cane Creek 110 (red) headset and Shimano XTR bottom bracket.
WTB hubs laced to black WTB rims.
Custom modified Shimano XTR crank, polished.
Regular flat pedals.
Panaracer front tire, Bontrager rear tire.
Thomson stem and seatpost
Selle Italia ladies saddle, Black.
Truvativ Noir World Cup carbon bar.
Avid BB7 brakes
Shimano chainring and Niner sprocket.

**Note** This bike requires replacement short chainring bolts to make it ride-able.

Windsor Police case # 13-69023. This is being taken seriously by them as it is theft of (way over) $5000.

Anyone with any info or sightings please message me or call Windsor Police.

I just want my bikes back, it took me YEARS to save to build these up.

Blacksheep Luna Vista Fully custom Titanium frame and truss fork. Chris king headset and bottom bracket pink . Chris King hubs pink laced to black Stans 355 rims. Custom modified Shimano XTR crank polished. Crank Bros Eggbeater pedals white aftermarket Titanium axles. Bontrager XR 3 tire s set up tubeless . Thomson stem and seatpost Bontrager Infinity RXL saddle carbon rails white. Ti-Cycles bar Titanium and all bendy. Avid Juicy Ultimate brakes HBC chainring and sprocket.

Niner One 9 Scandium Niner One 9 size medium Niner carbon Fork. Cane Creek 110 red headset and Shimano XTR bottom bracket. WTB hubs laced to black WTB rims. Custom modified Shimano XTR crank polished. Regular flat pedals. Panaracer front tire Bontrager rear tire. Thomson stem and seatpost Selle Italia ladies saddle Black. Truvativ Noir World Cup carbon bar. Avid BB7 brakes Blackspire chainring and Niner sprocket.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:02 Quote
Noooooooooo blacksheep nooooooooo!

The bastads! I've always wanted one of them ever since seeing them.
Just like my women, CURVY... mmmmm mmmmmmmm

Oh that is no help I know but from across the pond, I send a set of oldskool bombers that you can hit the thieving unts over head with

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
Were these ever located? Hopefully insurance covered the loss if not...

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
Niner was recovered, Blacksheep is still lost.

No insurance..

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:29 Quote
Gutted. Good luck driver!!

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:39 Quote
driver-bob wrote:
Niner was recovered, Blacksheep is still lost.

No insurance..

That is most unfortunate. That Blacksheep is something to behold. Lucky you got the 1 back I guess.

For that value I would've filled a claim with my homeowners insurance.

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:48 Quote
I found out after it happened that insurance for items in the garage (attached to the house) had a single item limit of $1k.

Wasn't worth claiming.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
driver-bob wrote:
I found out after it happened that insurance for items in the garage (attached to the house) had a single item limit of $1k.

Wasn't worth claiming.

No offence, but what kind of insurance is that? Many items in a garage can easily exceed that value. Your vehicle for starters, lawn maintenance equipment, tools, bicycles, pleasure crafts, etc... I guess this just highlights the importance of reading the fine print? A most unfortunate event for you.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 5:41 Quote
Car's covered on auto insurance, and ironically if the bikes had been in the car inside the garage and had been taken from the car then I would have got full value for them off auto insurance.

Yep, fine print... it'll get'cha.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017059
Mobile Version of Website