KONA Process 153 VS. Santa Cruz Bronson

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
KONA Process 153 VS. Santa Cruz Bronson
FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
Hi,
I've got a 2014 Process 153DL and I love it, pedals really well considering its intended use. It's a beast on descents.
It's everything I wanted in a trail bike.
I've gone 1x10 with a 32T thick and thin ring, it's tubeless ready so did that, shortened the bars by 1cm each side, Burgtec Ti pedals and Invisiwrapped it.
Weighs in at 31lbs but feels and rides much lighter.
I've got my eyes on some carbon wheels soon for xc and keep the stock wheels for more aggressive days. Should make it a load lighter as the wheels aren't light.

I ride it xc around the Peak District, and on the local DH track and isn't a slouch.

I haven't ridden the Bronson but I put the Process more against the Nomad personally.

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
Stally wrote:
Hi,
I've got a 2014 Process 153DL and I love it, pedals really well considering its intended use. It's a beast on descents.
I've gone 1x10 with a 32T thick and thin ring, it's tubeless ready so did that, shortened the bars by 1cm each side, Burgtec Ti pedals and Invisiwrapped it.
I've got my eyes on some carbon wheels soon for xc and keep the stock wheels for more aggressive days. Should make it a load lighter as the wheels aren't light.
What's invisiwrap?
I'm guessing clear wrap like used for car hoods/bra? Or just vinyl?
I ride it xc around the Peak District, and on the local DH track and isn't a slouch.

I haven't ridden the Bronson but I put the Process more against the Nomad personally.

FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Stally wrote:
Hi,
What's invisiwrap?
I'm guessing clear wrap like used for car hoods/bra? Or just vinyl?

It's from this place http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/
It's a protective film that is cut to fit your bike, you have to look close to see the film after its fitted

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021075
Mobile Version of Website