Octane One Zircus DJ Build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Octane One Zircus DJ Build
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 21:02 Quote
sixstringsteve wrote:
I don't remember the model, it was a cheap FSA headset. Works fine for my needs. I love this bike, its a blast to ride.

thanks can't wait for mine

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
Hi,

is the frame still in one piece?

What max tire width (in mm by measuring calipers) do you think it can fit?

(Looking for quick but sturdy replacement for my Spank Spoon frame that I managed to crack brake side seatstay on. Not a fan of aluminum but geometry and price look right-ish. I too prefer MTB parts and geometry to BMX ones, so am only looking at frames with BSA BB shells, low BB and not too steep HTA.)

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 11:36 Quote
jrp9000 wrote:
is the frame still in one piece?

Yup, the frame is still in one piece. I've been really happy with this bike, especially when you factor in the price.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 13:22 Quote
ive been considering this frame for the last week or so. maybe ill man up and pull the trigger. we shall see..

please refresh my memory. is your fork a tapered steerer? If so, how did everything go together? i know you need to use an adapter to run a tapered steerer in it.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 22:05 Quote
photo
you have to use a 1.5 bottom external bottom cup cane creek is what i used, 44m id, frame is amazing would highly recommend it

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
cool, thanks for the help.

ive got a trail bike that i dont use a whole lot. im considering just selling the frame and buying one of these frames, so i can get out and ride more.

they are so cheap on CRC right now

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 12:24 Quote
can someone link me the correct headset to use for the zircus? I need one for a tapered fork, and do not understand what i need.

edit:
nvm, i figured it out.. hope and cane creek both have really helpful guides

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
I used a separate top cup and bottom

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
good to know. thats what every one else has told me as well

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/cane-creek-40-series-zs44-28-6-top-assembly/rp-prod115647

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/cane-creek-40-series-ec44-40-bottom-assembly/rp-prod115641

You will have to sand down the part that goes into the frame because it's a bit to long to fit into the head tube but after that it works great very smooth headset

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 15:41 Quote
cool. thanks for that tip.

i found them on arts cycle for 20 cheaper each side, so i think im going to go with them.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 16:00 Quote
Yeah man post a picture of the build when it's done

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 10:36 Quote
Hi people :-)
I need some advice on this one.I'm thinking of getting this frame soon,and build it into a trail / Maybe light dh /jumping,I'm just getting into such riding style from xc etc.
I even thought moding a dual crown intom140 mm just for the heck of it (zoom sells a 180 hydro dual for 180$)
The thing is,will this frame stand this type of riding?since I'm only entering I don't thing there will be huge jumps or descents ,I just want a reliable frame.also would a 36t chainring fit?
Thanks in advance
I already said I'm a noob :-P

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
The things you want this frame to do is not what it is intended for

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
Well I'm not going for the dual crown,but what would be its max capabilities?I know I'm asking silly things :-P
I was really hoping to find a banshee morphine but man they are extinct xD

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023183
Mobile Version of Website