Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
cruddick wrote:
ICAS wrote:
You can get a trance advanced 1 for 2800?

The 2016 is used (lightly I'm told) and so by the time i include taxes for a new 2017 then they both work out to about 3300-3500.

I'd go for the 2016 advanced if it's in a good condition and the warranty on it is valid. Much better bike.

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
I have a 2016 Trance 2. I have some volume spacers for the shock ordered at the bike shop. Im 5'10" 225lbs. Intermediate skill level on mainly flat trails but rough, rooty, rocky. Some small jumps and drops, and short, steep, rough descents on the US east coast.

What spacer would some of you recommend as a starting point? If i run enough pressure to keep from bottoming, the rear is very harsh. If i run less pressure for a more supple rear end, it feels nice but uses all the travel when the trail gets rough.

I keep the compression lever in the middle all the time because the trails are very rolling. Im fine with the fork, except when I get very aggressive in a few rough sections and corners. I have plans to grab a 150mm MRP Stage over the winter. If I cant get the shock to keep up I will upgrade it also.

I have a set of MK3 Flow laced to BHS hubs, with the 12x142 kit. Renthal 740mm Fatbar and 50mm Apex stem. 1x conversion with Wolftooth 32t chain ring, 42t GC on an XT cassette and XT med cage derailluer. The bike is super fun to ride but I feel like im outgunning the suspension.

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
DimitrisCSD wrote:
cruddick wrote:
ICAS wrote:
You can get a trance advanced 1 for 2800?

The 2016 is used (lightly I'm told) and so by the time i include taxes for a new 2017 then they both work out to about 3300-3500.

I'd go for the 2016 advanced if it's in a good condition and the warranty on it is valid. Much better bike.
the warranty can't be valid if your not the first owner,

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 20:17 Quote
andykbfc wrote:
I have got a 2014 giant trance 3 140mm travel and thinking of getting some 160 forks for people who have done this have you experienced Any problems and how's the bike handled?

I put a 160mm X-Fusion Sweep on my 15' Trance 3 and love it! The shorter rear travel and longer fork keep its good trail manners but soaks up gnar nicely. I did drop my 780mm fatbars down to the head tube and went with a 40mm stem. Giant did something right with the SX travel.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 1:34 Quote
I have a good opportunity to buy DHX 5.0 coil 7,875x2.00 .
What do you think it will be a problem to install spring coil in frame (especially, the lower part of mounting in frame) ?

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
mfoga wrote:
DimitrisCSD wrote:
cruddick wrote:

Would depend on whether the first owner or shop registered it

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 17:41 Quote
JC9won4 wrote:
mfoga wrote:
DimitrisCSD wrote:

Would depend on whether the first owner or shop registered it

Most warranty I have ever done has requested proof of purchase.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 21:16 Quote
Every warranty I process has to have proof of original receipt.

Now a shop demo bike (sold through the shop) will be registered to the individual that purchased it.

Private sale your pretty much screwed unless they give you a receiptAnd the shop doesn't I'd you.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 6:02 Quote
What if you have the proof of purchase, not in your name but you do have the physical paper receipt and the bike is registered under YOUR name on the giant database.

Is the warranty valid then?

This is a case when somebody buys a bike as a gift for someone else for example.

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 3:43 Quote
Anybody have a cane Creek Double Barrel Inline in the 2015 trance size M? fit 200x57 or onlu 200x51? is good option for trance all mountain use 77 kg rider?

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 4:37 Quote
I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times, but what size Trances are you guys running? The top tube seems short, and when you want quick steering and put on a shorter stem, I'm not sure mine feels quite right.

I'm 5"5 and ride a small, the small is suitable for riders up to 5"7 according to Giant's sizing.

I rode my other halves Trek Remedy at the weekend which is a medium, and felt a lot more comfortable and it was a lot easier to get into the air. I was also quicker on it.. it's weird. I can also wheelie it a lot easier than my Trance.

Worried that my beloved bike is a tad small for me Cry

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 6:33 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times, but what size Trances are you guys running? The top tube seems short, and when you want quick steering and put on a shorter stem, I'm not sure mine feels quite right.

I'm 5"5 and ride a small, the small is suitable for riders up to 5"7 according to Giant's sizing.

I rode my other halves Trek Remedy at the weekend which is a medium, and felt a lot more comfortable and it was a lot easier to get into the air. I was also quicker on it.. it's weird. I can also wheelie it a lot easier than my Trance.

Worried that my beloved bike is a tad small for me Cry
i dont admit it to my mates as id never hear the end of it with i told you so,s but if im honest my medium feels too short but only in top tube length,, and the new bikes only being 10mm longer is a start but falls well short ,,ahem ,,, of being long enough to warrent a new bike

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 6:34 Quote
Not a fan of the additional hub shocks. While most fit and the rear wheel doesn't hit the frame, the added hub goes into a a part of the kinematics curve of the frame that Giant didn't design it to. Tried it myself with a M+. It felt off since I was always sitting at a different point on the curve where Giant wanted me to be, that does influence how the bike rides.

If you're looking for a coil shock I'd try to get my hands on the new CCDB _Inline_ Coil, which is available at 200x51. There should also be older DHX coil shocks w/ same dimensions.

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 7:55 Quote
im 186cm tall, on a 2016 Large Advanced and with the stock stem it felt uncomfortably long for me.

With an aftermarket 50mm stem it feels spot on! Would definitely not call it long.

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 8:30 Quote
I don't mind the cockpit on the large cause I have a shorter torso but my 36 inch inseam shows too much post

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019304
Mobile Version of Website