Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 20:38 Quote
rlara10 wrote:
I have another question, i’ve got the new RS fork but it is tapered. The RS tora currently in the bike is not. But there is plenty of high end trances running tapered forks. I am wondering if i will need an adapter to put it in?
new headset

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
makripper wrote:
rlara10 wrote:
I have another question, i’ve got the new RS fork but it is tapered. The RS tora currently in the bike is not. But there is plenty of high end trances running tapered forks. I am wondering if i will need an adapter to put it in?
new headset

Thank you! My bike is actually a 2010 trance frame, i cant seem to find the measurements for which headset i should order?

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
rlara10 wrote:
makripper wrote:
rlara10 wrote:
new headset

Thank you! My bike is actually a 2010 trance frame, i cant seem to find the measurements for which headset i should order?
go to a bike shop or if you know what you are looking for, cane Creek has a headset builder on their website

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 22:25 Quote
makripper wrote:
rlara10 wrote:
makripper wrote:
new headset

go to a bike shop or if you know what you are looking for, cane Creek has a headset builder on their website

CC will need the ID on your bikes head tube to recommend the proper headset, been there, done that..it works.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
makripper wrote:
rlara10 wrote:

CC will need the ID on your bike to recommend the proper headset, been there, done that..it works.

Thank you for the help! Where exactly can I find the ID?

Im probably gonna go to my local Giant dealer and see if they can get the job done!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 1:35 Quote
got the 2016 trance 3, what headset (type/size) did you upgrade to? thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
NCByron wrote:
Brett888 wrote:
Yeah I wonder if it's worth the extra 6.95mm of extra travel then :-(
How did the DPX2 compare to the Float DPS shock?
I like how all of us are trying to make an Enduro bike out of a trail bike but it's worth it that's for sure.

It's not just the extra travel. With the DPX2 the bottom end is more supportive for small bumps while the top end takes bigger hits better. And the reservoir helps keep the shock cool during long runs. Plus the bike just looks rad with a reservoir shock. So it's a win win all the way around.

any issues or handling changes? does it hit the frame when it bottoms out?-- guess i'll find out as i just orders a DPX2 x 55! I havent upgraded the fork just yet to a fox 36x 160, but plan to soon

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
I had been curious about SRAM Eagle on Trance 1 vs Shimano SLX on Trance 2, I ended up getting the Trance 2 and see the climbing gear of 30 front ring and 46 is all you need... so I guess the Eagle will give more range on the top end, but I can see I don’t need or want that.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
Geoffgg wrote:
I had been curious about SRAM Eagle on Trance 1 vs Shimano SLX on Trance 2, I ended up getting the Trance 2 and see the climbing gear of 30 front ring and 46 is all you need... so I guess the Eagle will give more range on the top end, but I can see I don’t need or want that.
it's area specific. I have a 32 42 and don't feel like I need an easier gear

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 19:56 Quote
Geoffgg wrote:

If you ride a lot of flat fire roads, a 32x10 would be nice while giving you a slightly better climbing gear at 32x50

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2018 at 20:47 Quote
Engrjon0323 wrote:
got the 2016 trance 3, what headset (type/size) did you upgrade to? thanks!

I found a local bike shop that deals with cane creek headsets, so I dropped my bike with them, and they will order and install a “ZS44 upper” and “EC44/40 bottom cup” from cane creek.

I will update once i get the bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 18:22 Quote
arphia wrote:
Geoffgg wrote:

If you ride a lot of flat fire roads, a 32x10 would be nice while giving you a slightly better climbing gear at 32x50

I wanted to not like Eagle (just to be cranky), the range is nice. I'm on a Shimano 11-46 and it's pretty great, but a little more on either end is nice. I demoed a bike with Eagle and really liked it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
jhilly wrote:
NCByron wrote:
Brett888 wrote:
Yeah I wonder if it's worth the extra 6.95mm of extra travel then :-(
How did the DPX2 compare to the Float DPS shock?
I like how all of us are trying to make an Enduro bike out of a trail bike but it's worth it that's for sure.

It's not just the extra travel. With the DPX2 the bottom end is more supportive for small bumps while the top end takes bigger hits better. And the reservoir helps keep the shock cool during long runs. Plus the bike just looks rad with a reservoir shock. So it's a win win all the way around.

any issues or handling changes? does it hit the frame when it bottoms out?-- guess i'll find out as i just orders a DPX2 x 55! I havent upgraded the fork just yet to a fox 36x 160, but plan to soon

No issues what so ever. I'm sure like me, you will love it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
heinous wrote:
That BB height is silly.
you spelled handlebar wrong.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
MntnMan wrote:
I have my 2017 Adv 0 frame set for sale here on PB with lots of extras if anyone is interested.

This was 4 months ago... I'm interested. You sell it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014407
Mobile Version of Website