Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Aug 5, 2018 at 21:13 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
It’s been covered, 160 good to go, no worries

2017 also? What about Angleset? 2 degrees. Just curious.

Posted: Aug 5, 2018 at 21:42 Quote
My Bike, got it on a run out.
2017 Trance 2 Medium.
Few upgrades:
2 Degree Works Headset (Bang on 65 Degrees when measured)
780 (cut down) RF Turbine Z Bars and Stem
2.3 DHF/Agg Combo Tires
Not in this pic:
XT Rear DR, Cassette and Shifter (SLX went to older bike upgrade to 1x), One Up Pedals. One Up Chain Guide/Bash Guard.

Really loving this bike. I'm constantly surprised at how much this thing can handle and still climbs so well.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
addappt wrote:
2017 Trance 2 Medium.
Few upgrades:
2.3 DHF/Agg Combo Tires
Not in this pic:
XT Rear DR, Cassette and Shifter (SLX went to older bike upgrade to 1x), One Up Pedals. One Up Chain Guide/Bash Guard.

Really loving this bike. I'm constantly surprised at how much this thing can handle and still climbs so well.

I keep overlooking angleset headsets. Might give on a go although the carbon frame might not like it. Not sure if pressed cups or what.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 3:07 Quote
Is it possible to install a bb30 crankset on the giant trance 2016 frame
thanks

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 3:12 Quote
Yes, you'll need a PF92 BB30 BB. Hope, Raceface, Praxis, Enduro and others make them.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
heinous wrote:
Yes, you'll need a PF92 BB30 BB. Hope, Raceface, Praxis, Enduro and others make them.

Some BB30 cranks are too narrow to fit in the PF92 shell even with a 30mm BB , but I know for sure the race face ones do fit.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 10:05 Quote
Wheels manufacturing will probably have something that will work. I highly recommend their thread together bb as replacement for true press fit. Way better.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 13:29 Quote
Dominik3112 wrote:
thanks
A true BB 30 is a no-go.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
addappt wrote:
2017 Trance 2 Medium.
Few upgrades:
2.3 DHF/Agg Combo Tires
Not in this pic:

I'm interested in the angled headset I used to own a trance and upgraded to the reign sx but not happy with the climbing. I'm thinking of getting a YT Jeffsy and then installing the 2 deg angled headset. How hard is it to install? Can it be installed in a CF frame? Any creaking? Any comments would be helpful.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 18:48 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Dominik3112 wrote:
thanks
A true BB 30 is a no-go.

That's incorrect. I ran a BB30 crank in mine no problems. You just need the correct BB and as added above, the right spindle length.

I'm running the same set up in my current PF92 bike. Again, no problems at all.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
bikedude1 wrote:

I'm interested in the angled headset I used to own a trance and upgraded to the reign sx but not happy with the climbing. I'm thinking of getting a YT Jeffsy and then installing the 2 deg angled headset. How hard is it to install? Can it be installed in a CF frame? Any creaking? Any comments would be helpful.

Hey mate. Pretty easy install. The only part that is a little fiddly is to get the cups lined up correctly. You do this by simply running a string line from your seat post down the center of the top tube to get a straight line over the headset. If your frame has centered graphics it might be easier.

Not sure about carbon but 0 creaking with Alu. Try shooting Works an email. They were super fast to respond and gave me the correct model numbers to order for my frame. I wasn't even buying from them but someone local here is Aus.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 1:04 Quote
addappt wrote:
Not sure about carbon but 0 creaking with Alu. Try shooting Works an email. They were super fast to respond and gave me the correct model numbers to order for my frame. I wasn't even buying from them but someone local here is Aus.

Please don't post things like this. I already fiddle too much and now you're making me wonder what my Trance would be like if it was just a hair slacker Big Grin

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 7:36 Quote
addappt wrote:
bikedude1 wrote:

Hey mate. Pretty easy install. The only part that is a little fiddly is to get the cups lined up correctly. You do this by simply running a string line from your seat post down the center of the top tube to get a straight line over the headset. If your frame has centered graphics it might be easier.

Great thanks for the comments. Do you know if the adjustment is in the cups or the bearings I was told the Jeffsy's cups are moulded into the frame. so I wouldn't be able to change them.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 17:47 Quote
bikedude1 wrote:
Great thanks for the comments. Do you know if the adjustment is in the cups or the bearings I was told the Jeffsy's cups are moulded into the frame. so I wouldn't be able to change them.

You probably couldn't on that bike. I'm pretty sure they only make options for External or Zero Stack height headsets and not Integrated Headsets. On the 2 Degree the offset in the cup insert is pretty big. You will also lose a large spacer on your stem as the top cup for the Trance is external.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:

Please don't post things like this. I already fiddle too much and now you're making me wonder what my Trance would be like if it was just a hair slacker Big Grin

Its good. Very low speed you can notice the flop side to side with the added slack but once you have any sort of pace its better. Also on drops and large rocks on steep declines it definitely feels like it gets less hung up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016269
Mobile Version of Website