Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
addappt wrote:
friendlyfoe wrote:

Please don't post things like this. I already fiddle too much and now you're making me wonder what my Trance would be like if it was just a hair slacker Big Grin

Its good. Very low speed you can notice the flop side to side with the added slack but once you have any sort of pace its better. Also on drops and large rocks on steep declines it definitely feels like it gets less hung up.

I have a 160 Fox 36 on my 2017 Trance, I think i'm gonna go with a 1.5 degree offset. Hoping this might make it more stable in the corners as well...

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 17:34 Quote
[Quote="JoeGfromBoise"]
addappt wrote:

I have a 160 Fox 36 on my 2017 Trance, I think i'm gonna go with a 1.5 degree offset. Hoping this might make it more stable in the corners as well...

160 gives you .5 - 1 degree already right? Just be careful with cockpit spacing. Maybe even consider just 1 degree more. I had switched to a 35mm stem before the angleset and went back up to 50mm as things felt a little cramped. Im on a medium at 5'10 though so i probably should of got a large lol.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 21:05 Quote
heinous wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Dominik3112 wrote:
Is it possible to install a bb30 crankset on the giant trance 2016 frame
thanks
A true BB 30 is a no-go.

That's incorrect. I ran a BB30 crank in mine no problems. You just need the correct BB and as added above, the right spindle length.

I'm running the same set up in my current PF92 bike. Again, no problems at all.
A true bb30 crank has a spindle that is to narrow to fit through the shell. PF30 cranks will work with the correct BB. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE

https://wheelsmfg.com/bb30-vs-pf30

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
That’s semantic rubbish, there are no bb30 cranks for mtbs with short spindles in common production.

The poster wants to run a 30mm spindle in his trance, he’s said BB30 although yes, technically it’s not. Whatever way you split it, you can run 30mm spindle cranksets in your trance.

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 6:29 Quote
heinous wrote:
That’s semantic rubbish, there are no bb30 cranks for mtbs with short spindles in common production.

The poster wants to run a 30mm spindle in his trance, he’s said BB30 although yes, technically it’s not. Whatever way you split it, you can run 30mm spindle cranksets in your trance.

That's true! I have a hope 30mm cranks in my 2014trance

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
wrote:
160 gives you .5 - 1 degree already right? Just be careful with cockpit spacing. Maybe even consider just 1 degree more. I had switched to a 35mm stem before the angleset and went back up to 50mm as things felt a little cramped. Im on a medium at 5'10 though so i probably should of got a large lol.

Yup, exact same boat. Wish i would have bought a large after going to a 50mm stem and 160 fork. Anyone out there have a L they want to swap lol?

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
strujavti wrote:
heinous wrote:

That's true! I have a hope 30mm cranks in my 2014trance
Hope cranks are PF30 not bb30

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
LOL. You’ve missed the point.

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 21:26 Quote
So on my 2014 trance 3 it seems to be skipping even on easy city rides. It did sit in a garage for a year or so. Can anyone help me with this issue. Is it my chain, my sprokets or anything like that

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 4:32 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
So on my 2014 trance 3 it seems to be skipping even on easy city rides. It did sit in a garage for a year or so. Can anyone help me with this issue. Is it my chain, my sprokets or anything like that
Get the chain tool in it and measure wear

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:10 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
if it's been ridden alot in the 4 years since it was new, the drivetrain could need to be replaced (most drastic) take it into a shop for a tune up to start for sure

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:

If you left it in a large sprocket then the cable tension for the rear derailleur could of stretched from sitting. I always leave my bike in the smallest cog on my rear cassette so the cable isn’t under tension. Probably not it but worth a check. Few turns of the tension adjuster is cheaper than new chain and cassette.

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
addappt wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:

If you left it in a large sprocket then the cable tension for the rear derailleur could of stretched from sitting. I always leave my bike in the smallest cog on my rear cassette so the cable isn’t under tension. Probably not it but worth a check. Few turns of the tension adjuster is cheaper than new chain and cassette.

I thought it was because my drrailleur was off too the side so you could be right. I'll take a look and see if I can fix it. I thought it was my cassette because I normally ride single speed and the gears looked rounded but it looks like that on new ones I was so confused

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
Just case anyone is interested, I have the complete suspension hardware from a trance 2018 for sale.

I ordered the bearing from giant to replace my current bearing after 2yrs, didn't realise it came with all the hardware as well, so bonus.

All hardware is in excellent condition, just now surplus to needs and would rather move on it on than let it sit in a drawn for time!

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 23:03 Quote
Thinking about changing my 135qr rear wheel to 142x12 on 2016 giant trance, has anyone made this change and did u feel that it was worth it?

Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019488
Mobile Version of Website