Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 23:18 Quote
So skip past the bit where is says about discharging nitrogen and high pressure oil with risk of death and just remove the eyelet assembly?

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Yes I believe that the eyelet can be removed without discharging the IFP. I'd ask a fox service center of your LBS

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
I tried having a go at it earlier but I couldn’t get the shaft to stop spinning in the vice.

I might just clean it up and put it back together. At least I know how it comes apart now, might also take this opportunity to pop a larger volume spacer in.

Thanks for all your help

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Does anyone know the size of BB for the 2016 Trance 27.5? I didnt want to assume it was the same as prior/post years but I'm sure it is. I would prefer a threaded housing- press fit (if avail.) but will take the press fit if I have to.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Todd1uss wrote:
Does anyone know the size of BB for the 2016 Trance 27.5? I didnt want to assume it was the same as prior/post years but I'm sure it is. I would prefer a threaded housing- press fit (if avail.) but will take the press fit if I have to.
Best would be to measure it - look at https://chrisking.com/pages/fit-finder how to measure it. AFAIK its Shimano PF.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
onyxss wrote:
Todd1uss wrote:
Best would be to measure it - look at https://chrisking.com/pages/fit-finder how to measure it. AFAIK its Shimano PF.

It’s Press fit 86/92

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Hello all, first PB post.

I am an ex-DH rider from the 90's. I decided to go back into the sport last year and got myself a 2018 Trance 3. Went with an AM bike, mainly because parks that are local to me have no uplift. I am passively shopping around for a DH rig to support road trips, but I am not in a rush.

I can say that the Trance has been an amazing bike to get back into it and to learn the new (to me) technology. I immediately felt right at home with it, even after a 20 year hiatus. It is not an upper tier bike being a 3, but it suits me for what I do with it so far.

I am upgrading a few things on the bike before the season starts, mainly for comfort/dealing with old injuries haunting me during rides. I will keep you posted.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
It's a good all-around for sure. What part of Quebec are you in?

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
I am in the Rigaud/St-Lazare area, West of Montreal off the island.

I rode mainly in Mont Rigaud (very local to me) and Oka last summer.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
MattQc wrote:
Hello all, first PB post.

I am an ex-DH rider from the 90's. I decided to go back into the sport last year and got myself a 2018 Trance 3. Went with an AM bike, mainly because parks that are local to me have no uplift. I am passively shopping around for a DH rig to support road trips, but I am not in a rush.

I can say that the Trance has been an amazing bike to get back into it and to learn the new (to me) technology. I immediately felt right at home with it, even after a 20 year hiatus. It is not an upper tier bike being a 3, but it suits me for what I do with it so far.

I am upgrading a few things on the bike before the season starts, mainly for comfort/dealing with old injuries haunting me during rides. I will keep you posted.

Welcome back.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
Anyone with 2014-2016 Trance want to upgrade wheels, selling P-TRX1 15x100, 12x142 wheels, excellent shape:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2533158/

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
B650wagon wrote:
Anyone with 2014-2016 Trance want to upgrade wheels, selling P-TRX1 15x100, 12x142 wheels, excellent shape:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2533158/
carbon?

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
Greetings you PB lovelies. Long time PB lurker, first time posting.

Anyone got an exploded diagram of the maestro suspension system? Got mine back from LBS and believe they've assembled the pivot bolts wrongly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006744
Mobile Version of Website