Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
I was looking for this with the Anthem and found nothing. Let us know if you are able to find something.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
mattfen wrote:
Greetings you PB lovelies. Long time PB lurker, first time posting.

Anyone got an exploded diagram of the maestro suspension system? Got mine back from LBS and believe they've assembled the pivot bolts wrongly.

For which production year you need it?

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
see ad
ah yeah. Thought it was too good of a deal haha. What rims did he get i wonder?

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
burek66 wrote:
For which production year you need it?

It's a 2017 version

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Hi guys. Before I hit buy on a new bb, it is pf92 right? This is on a 2017 trance.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
After finally getting fed up enough with my factory Float, I bit the bullet and tossed on a new shock. Initial ride impressions have me strongly considering ditching the Fox fork too.

New DVO Topaz 2
New DVO Topaz 2

Shakedown ride for the new DVO Topaz 2

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
It appears that the DT Swiss removal tool is too small for the drive ring in my Giant hub. Did anyone else run into this? Were you able to get the stock drive ring out? Thanks

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Kenfire24 wrote:
After finally getting fed up enough with my factory Float, I bit the bullet and tossed on a new shock. Initial ride impressions have me strongly considering ditching the Fox fork too.

New DVO Topaz 2
New DVO Topaz 2

I put a super deluxe on and found a new bike. I'd love to compare it to your shock. Enjoy.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Kenfire24 wrote:

New DVO Topaz 2
New DVO Topaz 2

I put a super deluxe on and found a new bike. I'd love to compare it to your shock. Enjoy.
what size of super deluxe?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
apurviance wrote:
It appears that the DT Swiss removal tool is too small for the drive ring in my Giant hub. Did anyone else run into this? Were you able to get the stock drive ring out? Thanks

There are two different tools, one for the pawl and one for the star hubs. You can allegedly use the smaller tool with two blades spokes to get it to fit. I just bought both tools.

What are you trying to do? Upgrade to the star ratchet? That’ll work, but you won’t be able to use the proper freehub seals that presses in, so planning on a little extra maintenance to clean and lube it is a good idea

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
heinous wrote:
apurviance wrote:

There are two different tools, one for the pawl and one for the star hubs. You can allegedly use the smaller tool with two blades spokes to get it to fit. I just bought both tools.

What are you trying to do? Upgrade to the star ratchet? That’ll work, but you won’t be able to use the proper freehub seals that presses in, so planning on a little extra maintenance to clean and lube it is a good idea

Yes, I'm trying to swap the pawl internals for the DT Swiss star ratchet. I thought I would just be able to use the DT Swiss tool to remove the ring but from inside the hub but it's too small. I'm not sure what you mean by using two spokes...

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
Out the undersized tool in. Then use 2-3 spokes slotted between the tool and the drive ring to create a better engagement.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008508
Mobile Version of Website