Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
Sections of the blades

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
heinous wrote:
Out the undersized tool in. Then use 2-3 spokes slotted between the tool and the drive ring to create a better engagement.

Did that really work?

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
Like I said above, I have the correct tools, but I know a couple guys who did it that way before I had a tool they could borrow

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
heinous wrote:
Like I said above, I have the correct tools, but I know a couple guys who did it that way before I had a tool they could borrow
Is there a tool made specifically for the giant pawl?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 1:14 Quote
Yes. It’s a DT pawl, DT tool.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
Just got my first full suspension bike earlier this week!
2019 Giant Trance 2
ODI Rogue Grips Chromag Fubars OSX bars, Scarab pedals, Trailmaster saddle, Top Cap, and Spacers MRP Ramp Control Cartridge, AMg Chainguide Wolf Tooth Components ReMote

2019 Giant Trance 2 Size L ODI Rogue Grips Chromag Fubars OSX bars Scarab pedals Trailmaster saddle Top Cap and Spacers MRP Ramp Control Cartridge AMg Chainguide Wolf Tooth Components ReMote I-Spec II
ODI Rogue Grips Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Chromag Fubars OSX
Chromag Top Cap and Spacers
Chromag Scarab pedals and MRP AMg Chainguide
MRP Ramp Control Cartridge
Chromag Trailmaster Saddle

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
When do you guys think the Trance 27.5 will see a redesign? 2021?

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
what do you think they could do better?

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
makripper wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
what do you think they could do better?

Geometry for sure

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 20:09 Quote
I’d expect to see it look a lot like the 29” Trance. The geo on current model is dated. I’d not be surprised to see it go exclusively 29” either, at least in M / L / XL.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
heinous wrote:
I’d expect to see it look a lot like the 29” Trance. The geo on current model is dated. I’d not be surprised to see it go exclusively 29” either, at least in M / L / XL.
it's a trail bike tho. I'm on a 16 sx and don't feel like there's anything i would change besides reach. Maybe 5-7mm more but that's it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
They changed in 2017 to trunnion shock and longer overall geo?

I wanted to buy a 2019 when they go on sale, but I sat on the XL and it was too big, and I think the Large would be too small. I'm on a Large 2019 Reign and it feels slightly small, but it makes for a playful shredder. I'm always in between sizes on Giants, except for the Glory.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
makripper wrote:
heinous wrote:
it's a trail bike tho. I'm on a 16 sx and don't feel like there's anything i would change besides reach. Maybe 5-7mm more but that's it.

Sure, it's just a trail bike with old geo. New geo feels a little different, but you adapt and it's definitely faster (and better on your lower back).

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
heinous wrote:
makripper wrote:
heinous wrote:

Sure, it's just a trail bike with old geo. New geo feels a little different, but you adapt and it's definitely faster (and better on your lower back).
mine doesn't hurt my lower back? I love the geo for up and down. It does what it's supposed to do, light and takes a beating. Im usually wanting more but other new bikes don't offer what my sx has. Maybe then need to bring out a trance sx for 2020 lol maybe I'll up the guides to codes but that's it

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 22:19 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

We're getting one for 2020. Giant has a 3-year life cycle for their products and we can expect to see a new Trance 27.5 next year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016871
Mobile Version of Website