Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
| Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
Hey folks, I'm new to MTB and fsb. I was wondering what is a good rear shock upgrade for the 2019 trance 3.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
Hey folks, I'm new to MTB and fsb. I was wondering what is a good rear shock upgrade for the 2019 trance 3.

If you have the money Bike24 is selling Fox DHX2 in 185x55. You better snatch one up because these shocks are strictly OE only in this size.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:

if possible trade in on a trace2. how long have you had your bike?

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

if possible trade in on a trace2. how long have you had your bike?

His is a 2019 model. If anything he should wait until the 2020 models come out.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Hi NTD.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the bike! Awesome choice (I have the same).

The question that needs to be answered: why do you want to upgrade it? The only thing 'wrong' with the shock on that model is its lack of compression adjustment, but it's tuned fairly well. For reference, you the shock should start moving with only two finger's worth of pressure on the bike - it is that supple.

If you want a wonderful air shock, with more adjust ability, climb switch, and that can handle long DH, check out the DVO topaz 2.

If you want a lighter, more xc build - I'm unsure. Razz

For ultimate plushness, with some weight/pedalling compromise - grab a CCDB Coil in trunnion guise.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
TheGnarlyCenturion wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Hi NTD.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the bike! Awesome choice (I have the same).

The question that needs to be answered: why do you want to upgrade it? The only thing 'wrong' with the shock on that model is its lack of compression adjustment, but it's tuned fairly well. For reference, you the shock should start moving with only two finger's worth of pressure on the bike - it is that supple.

If you want a wonderful air shock, with more adjust ability, climb switch, and that can handle long DH, check out the DVO topaz 2.

Fox DPX2

For ultimate plushness, with some weight/pedalling compromise - grab a CCDB Coil in trunnion guise.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
promdi wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Hi NTD.

Fox DPX2

This is exactly what i was looking for. I am still getting used to the bike and i really love it, where i live there seems to be a lot of single track and some areas some good downhill. I don't plan on upgrading the shock just yet but just wanted to gauge what i should be looking for. Only thing as of right now im looking to change out are the seat and bars. thanks for the input

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
promdi wrote:

Hi NTD.

Fox DPX2

This is exactly what i was looking for. I am still getting used to the bike and i really love it, where i live there seems to be a lot of single track and some areas some good downhill. I don't plan on upgrading the shock just yet but just wanted to gauge what i should be looking for. Only thing as of right now im looking to change out are the seat and bars. thanks for the input

Bike24 is also selling Performance DPX2's in our size also a t a great price.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 16:55 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:
promdi wrote:

not right now

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

not right now

https://www.bike24.com/p2303454.html?q=Dpx2

Only one left. Take it while you can.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:11 Quote
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rockshox-Super-Deluxe-RC3-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Rear-Shock-185x52-5mm-Trunnion/152986332968?hash=item239eb22f28:g:q9gAAOSwWwVa4n59

This is a great deal too. I upgraded to a Super Deluxe and think it's stellar, though I've never ridden the DPX2 or the topaz.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.105229
Mobile Version of Website