Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: May 27, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
Rdmadson wrote:
Matt-15, you are correct. Went into LBS and finally got all sorted out.

Thanks for the replies.

No problem, a few weeks ago I was ordering a spare one just to have on hand, and found out there were 2 depending on what derailleur you are using, glad my random knowledge could help

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 4:15 Quote
Spur of the moment purchase and my 2016 Trance is now running a 200x57 DHX2.

For reference if other people are wondering I am 74kg + gear and have run the following shocks in the bike.

Fox DPS Factory Evol 200x51 @ 184psi and size 4 volume spacer
Fox Float Factory with Vorsprung Corset @ 214psi and size 3 volume spacer
Fox DHX2 @ 500lb spring. HSC/LSC 9 Clicks from closed. HSR/LSR 13 clicks from closed. Settings still being tuned.

Bike runs a coil brilliantly. I have set it up to be pretty quick and the bike still pops really well (not as good as air) but also handles chunder with much more stability. Suits the fun stuff I ride really well but the flatter stuff is a little more work (the Assegai plays a large part in that too).

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 1:14 Quote
PaulieAU wrote:

For reference if other people are wondering I am 74kg + gear and have run the following shocks in the bike.

Fox DHX2 @ 500lb spring. HSC/LSC 9 Clicks from closed. HSR/LSR 13 clicks from closed. Settings still being tuned.

Bike runs a coil brilliantly. I have set it up to be pretty quick and the bike still pops really well (not as good as air) but also handles chunder with much more stability. Suits the fun stuff I ride really well but the flatter stuff is a little more work (the Assegai plays a large part in that too).

Wow! Bold move! it looks great.

Did it fit in with no adjustments?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
DimitrisCSD wrote:

Wow! Bold move! it looks great.

Did it fit in with no adjustments?

Zero problems. Raced it this weekend and ran sweet. Rear end was so stable in the gnar.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Anybody know the ERD measurement of the Giant carbon rims? Mine came on a 2017 Trance advanced.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
skerby wrote:
Anybody know the ERD measurement of the Giant carbon rims? Mine came on a 2017 Trance advanced.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
Upgraded my 2011 trance to a 2017

After two years of riding the 2017 I've been very happy with it except I have some play in the dropper post and I'm looking to replace it.

Can anyone confirm the max insertion of the post is?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
Joel123456 wrote:

After two years of riding the 2017 I've been very happy with it except I have some play in the dropper post and I'm looking to replace it.

check to see if your top collar on your dropper is loose. Apparently rebuild kits are cheap and easy to install.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
makripper wrote:
Joel123456 wrote:

check to see if your top collar on your dropper is loose. Apparently rebuild kits are cheap and easy to install.

Nope it's tight, the play is actually between the stanchion and the rest of the post.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
That play will only get worse, had the same issue on my 17. Sold it while it was still operational for 50$ and bought a KS lev

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Joel123456 wrote:
makripper wrote:
Joel123456 wrote:

Nope it's tight, the play is actually between the stanchion and the rest of the post.

I recently changed to a one-up 170mm dropper in my medium 2016. Best test is see just how low the existing one will go below current position and then go from there.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
PaulieAU wrote:

Give us a few more shots of this beast!

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Favour to ask.

Can someone with a current model Trance measure the length of their headtube not including the headset for me? This is the part of the bike that the fork goes through.

I have a 2014 trance that I am buying a new fork for (for the second time lol) and want to make sure I leave the steer tube of the fork long enough to be forward compatible.

Picture included for reference on the measurement would be a bonus.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
Favour to ask.

Can someone with a current model Trance measure the length of their headtube not including the headset for me? This is the part of the bike that the fork goes through.

I have a 2014 trance that I am buying a new fork for (for the second time lol) and want to make sure I leave the steer tube of the fork long enough to be forward compatible.

Picture included for reference on the measurement would be a bonus.

What size frame are you looking for? I am currently at work (at a Giant dealer) and have mediums I can measure, and I have my personal large one at home if you can wait 3 hours

Alternatively, the measurement is available in the geo chart on their website: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/trance-2
It is measurement "D"

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017093
Mobile Version of Website