Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Author Message
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
MRP makes Progressive springs. I'm very tempted to get a coil shock with one of these.

https://mrpbike.com/products/enduro-progressive-coil-springs

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:27 Quote
That's great, thanks for posting. Even at $430 paying full retail that seems like a pretty sweet set up for these bikes!

Christmas is coming soon!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
I have a 200x57 DHX2 on my 2016 trance and it is awesome. Still so impressed with it. The bike rides so well now I am almost disappointed I am about to get a new bike. Next bike will have a the Air X2 will have to see how it goes but coil is likely the first upgrade. I came super close to ordering the new 29er Reign SX but couldn't get past the NX groupset.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
X2 is awesome. Set up right it’s close to coil. Are you getting a reign? Giant need to sort that rear end out ASAP, it’s getting slammed in reviews.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
heinous wrote:
X2 is awesome. Set up right it’s close to coil. Are you getting a reign? Giant need to sort that rear end out ASAP, it’s getting slammed in reviews.

Almost but in the end I ordered the 2020 Norco Sight which is a beast. The wait might kill me though.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
what's in-store for trance 275 2021? Only two models now for 275 2020, well at least in the UK.

I have a 2017 275 trance, still love it, but starting to get the upgrade bug!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
PaulieAU wrote:
heinous wrote:
X2 is awesome. Set up right it’s close to coil. Are you getting a reign? Giant need to sort that rear end out ASAP, it’s getting slammed in reviews.

Almost but in the end I ordered the 2020 Norco Sight which is a beast. The wait might kill me though.

New 2020 Sight’s look good, definitely one of the best trail bikes around.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
I thought my X2 Float was pretty good until I tried the EXT Storia. All I can say is WOW. This shock is on a totally different level. Also for complete picture I am running 200 X 57 Shock, I was able to try several different springs including the 525 lb that is pictured and I think that 475 was the sweet spot for me (190lb/86kg w/ gear). So I will keep that and a 500 lb spring. My fork is a 150 mm Fox Factory 34 with Vorsprung Luftkappe and Fractive Valving.



Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
Wow, I want. How much was it?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
That looks so sexy. Does it have a climb switch? I could rock that with a platform lockout

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
Yeah it has a climb switch although it actually does pretty well without it. Shock has a lot of mid stroke support and doesn't seen to bob too much. Price was $950 USD which is by no means cheap but that is custom tuned for the trance and my weight with 2 lightweight springs.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
The rear triangle cross-brace of the Trance almost perfectly imitates a fork arch, so I decided to install one of those KurvyFlats fenders that was featured a few days ago onto the rear of my bike. Should hopefully keep me (a bit) cleaner while riding during the fall/ winter

KurvyFlats fender on the rear of my 2019 Giant Trance 2

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
Took my bike for a ride today and I have to say the new fender performed quite well

Here are some better pics because the last one was bad quality



Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 23:00 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Yeah it has a climb switch although it actually does pretty well without it. Shock has a lot of mid stroke support and doesn't seen to bob too much. Price was $950 USD which is by no means cheap but that is custom tuned for the trance and my weight with 2 lightweight springs.

Out of curiosity if you changed bikes one day do you know if you can send it back and have them simply change the stroke? That might be worth the extra cash on its own.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
Yeah it has a climb switch although it actually does pretty well without it. Shock has a lot of mid stroke support and doesn't seen to bob too much. Price was $950 USD which is by no means cheap but that is custom tuned for the trance and my weight with 2 lightweight springs.

Out of curiosity if you changed bikes one day do you know if you can send it back and have them simply change the stroke? That might be worth the extra cash on its own.

Even better than that is that my buddy owns the suspension syndicate which is a U.S. distributor and authorized service center. So I can just drive over there and have him do it if I want. But yes this was definitely a key feature that eased my mind about spending so much on a shock. They can also convert it to a trunnion mount or spherical bearing mount if wanted, although this is a little bit more expensive but definitely cheaper than a new shock. I am debating on going spherical bearing on my next bike after reading about conversations that Chris Porter (Mojo/Geometron) and Franco Fratton (EXT owner) have had about them.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011684
Mobile Version of Website