Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
Kxfracer108 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if the 2021 Trance 27.5 will be a new model? When would it typically be released?

I've been holding out for an update, but have a feeling they might drop the trance 27.5?

No way they will drop the Trance 27.5. They usually due a frame update every 3 season but this is number 4 for the 27.5 I think because they released the 29er.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
I am not convinced with the trend of 29 not slowing down....

Never ridden a 29 and still super happy with the trance 275 2016, but I’m getting bike upgrade bug! Anyone about 5ft8 rode a trance 29 in comparison?

rsmisko wrote:
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
Kxfracer108 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if the 2021 Trance 27.5 will be a new model? When would it typically be released?

I've been holding out for an update, but have a feeling they might drop the trance 27.5?

No way they will drop the Trance 27.5. They usually due a frame update every 3 season but this is number 4 for the 27.5 I think because they released the 29er.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
A new 27.5 trance would be a novelty. 27.5 might not be dead, but it’s definitely using a walking frame and wearing stockings to help with circulation.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
Giant needs to stop being so conservative with their geo if they want to be taken seriously. Or, better yet, go the way of flip chips and ride settings etc to please more people.

I can see the 27.5 Trance going the way Ibis did the HD5, a burly almost enduro bike keeping the 29 Trance the "trail bike". But the 29er Trance needs to be a few degrees more progressive and a 140/130 bike.

These are just my opinions, but reading the comments section of this site seems to be the trend.

It would be my personal preference to see Giant sell a bike that likes a coil as I know my next bike is a 29 130ishmm trail bike with a coil on the back and four piston brakes.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
anyone riding a 2019 trance 2, 27.5 with a 200x57 shock?????? if so how does it perform. looking to throw a 160mm lyrik up front and get more travel in rear also.

thanks!

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:
anyone riding a 2019 trance 2, 27.5 with a 200x57 shock?????? if so how does it perform. looking to throw a 160mm lyrik up front and get more travel in rear also.

thanks!

Will not work at all. The 2017-2020 models all use 185mm length shocks and 52.5mm stroke with a trunnion mount. If you want a bit more travel you could try a 185x55 shock, although it would probably be best to first try adding volume spacers to increase the force needed to bottom out while still keeping it supple in the beginning of the travel

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
I have just bought myself a brand new 2019 Trance Advanced, and I was noticing some creaking under power. I took the whole thing apart trying to fix it, but found it was coming from the axle/dropout area. I also found that it was really hard to align the rear wheel wheel in the dropouts. I measured it and the dropouts are 153mm apart, not the ~148mm they should be. The rear axle was also tightened well beyond the 15Nm Max it should have been from the shop. It was more like 20-25, which concerned me.
Is this a problem? Should i bend them together? Is it a warranty issue?

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18492730/

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Hi guys,

Please see some pictures below of my 2016 giant trance, I have replaced everything on this bike now other than the frame and wheels!

Forks: Rockshox Pike 140mm
Shock: Rockshox Monarch rapid recovery RT (200X51)
Groupset: Sram NX Eagle 12 SPD
Brakes: Avid elixir 3
Bar and Stem: Taken from a 2020 Giant Trance from new
Seatpost: Giant contact dropper post
Seat: Fabric scoop radius
Grips: DMR Deathgrip
Tyres: Maxxis High roller II

Let me know what you think!

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
Good choice on the saddle, I have that same one on my gravel bike, although am thinking of swapping it onto my Trance. Also love the marble effect on those DMRs. I'd personally change the brakes to something else, probably Shimano although I'm interested in trying Magura brakes

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Looks good man only have the wheels to go now! Are running the quick release axle still? If so I would recommend going to the 12mm through axle if you upgrade. I also have a 2016 Trance that I have replaced everything on except the frame. check out my album if you want to see it (also on the page before this). I have put it through many iterations to where it is now. But it is a franken bike lol. Probably going to anodize the frame soon too.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Good choice on the saddle, I have that same one on my gravel bike, although am thinking of swapping it onto my Trance. Also love the marble effect on those DMRs. I'd personally change the brakes to something else, probably Shimano although I'm interested in trying Magura brakes

Yeah I think I will get some Shimano XT brakes eventually!

I am also thinking about running a bit of a red theme on the bike, red pedals, seat clamp, headset spacers etc but unsure?? All in hope parts.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Looks good man only have the wheels to go now! Are running the quick release axle still? If so I would recommend going to the 12mm through axle if you upgrade. I also have a 2016 Trance that I have replaced everything on except the frame. check out my album if you want to see it (also on the page before this). I have put it through many iterations to where it is now. But it is a franken bike lol. Probably going to anodize the frame soon too.

The rockshox pike I bought came with a Maxle which seems to work well! I will definitely consider it for the future though cheers!

Yeah man I will check out your bike!

I really like these trances, good for every aspect of riding.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 4:04 Quote
Also, what bar width does everyone ride? I currently have 800mm but I am considering cutting them down to 780mm.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
Mikechampion96 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

The rockshox pike I bought came with a Maxle which seems to work well! I will definitely consider it for the future though cheers!

Yeah man I will check out your bike!

I really like these trances, good for every aspect of riding.

I think he was refering the rear dropout being the QR. I also have a 2016 and did almost the same thing!! I am amazed your bottle cage works on a medium though! I had to use a side entry cage on a size large frame!

Looks great!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011433
Mobile Version of Website