Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
I still love my 2016 Trance Advanced 1.

I see absolutely no reason to change the bike. It handles everything I throw at it perfectly fine!

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Hi! I have a Giant Trance 27.5 2016 and I want to put tubeless on it. What is the rim width of the wheels that come with the bike? 20mm, 23mm, 25mm... I don't know. I need to know so I know what tread width to buy.

Thank you.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
CapoDiTuttiCapi wrote:
Hi! I have a Giant Trance 27.5 2016 and I want to put tubeless on it. What is the rim width of the wheels that come with the bike? 20mm, 23mm, 25mm... I don't know. I need to know so I know what tread width to buy.

Thank you.

are your stock rims tubeless ready?
a 2.3" tyre would fit all those size rims

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
CapoDiTuttiCapi wrote:

Thank you.

I've got the same bike and I wasn't able to convert to tubeless on the stock rims

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
gazmoose wrote:
CapoDiTuttiCapi wrote:

Thank you.

are your stock rims tubeless ready?
a 2.3" tyre would fit all those size rims

safehandshim wrote:
CapoDiTuttiCapi wrote:

Thank you.

I've got the same bike and I wasn't able to convert to tubeless on the stock rims

I was told that it was possible... this is the tire.

photo

With this kit, can't I convert it to tubeless?

photo

Thanks!!

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
taking that blue rim tape off and wrapping gorilla tape around the rim is what most people do to bodge a DIY tubeless setup.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
gazmoose wrote:
taking that blue rim tape off and wrapping gorilla tape around the rim is what most people do to bodge a DIY tubeless setup.

Can I just say that I regret ever having used Gorilla Tape to go tubeless. I did it for years. Yes it works, it's cheap, but it because a problem down the road once sealant gets under it and or the tire bead lifts a side of it up. It's a bitch to get off, it leaves adhesive.

If you really don't have the money, go for it, but otherwise, a proper roll of rim tape is worth the money, in my humble opinion.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
Jessethat1guy wrote:
photo

2018 Trance 2. It’s finally done. Haven’t given it a proper test yet but hoping to get a few rides in this coming week. The only stock part left is the frame. Even the bearings were changed out. Main components: Fox Factory 36 with the Grip2 VVC damper, Fox DHX2 with SLS spring, Fox transfer post, WorksComponents Angleset, Raceface Atlas crankarms, Wolftooth oval chainring, Raceface BB, Hunt Trailwide 27.5 wheels, Renthal Stem and Fatbar carbon bars, Shimano Deore brake components, and Maxxis Minion DHF in the front and Aggressor in the rear. Ready for some beautiful SoCal trails!

how far did you go with your angleset?
i got a 1 degree on mine right now but was considering trying a 1.5 or 2 degree
Did you keep your fork at 150mm or did you bump up the travel?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
Anybody here or a Megneg on their trance?

O+
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
I'm riding a 2020 Giant Trance Advanced 1 stock brake set up I want to go from 180 to 203 up front. My question is do I need the 23 adapter and I juist bolt it on or more since it looks like it came stock with a small adapter? Thanks

O+
Posted: May 29, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
DimitrisCSD wrote:

I see absolutely no reason to change the bike. It handles everything I throw at it perfectly fine!

Many people are very happy on many different bikes. There are many reasons to not change a bike.

I loved my 2015 Trance. I think the frame redesign was in 2018? That bike (and the current 27.5) climb just as well as the 2015-17. The 2018-21 might clime better. Maybe it is the wheel set and me using wider tires. The 18 gets a slackened head tube and a little more travel. It is noticeable in technical riding and descending. And it is FUN.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
CapoDiTuttiCapi wrote:

Thank you.
I think those were 25mm IW? Definitely not 20. I rode 2.4" Maxxis Ardent with no problem. The 2015 Giant AL rims leak at the seam. I bought carbon rims to go tuebless. These days, there are lots of options for hookless, tubeless ready rims.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
nmuskier wrote:
DimitrisCSD wrote:

Many people are very happy on many different bikes. There are many reasons to not change a bike.

I loved my 2015 Trance. I think the frame redesign was in 2018? That bike (and the current 27.5) climb just as well as the 2015-17. The 2018-21 might clime better. Maybe it is the wheel set and me using wider tires. The 18 gets a slackened head tube and a little more travel. It is noticeable in technical riding and descending. And it is FUN.

2017 was the redesign. I have a 2019 and to me it's close to the perfect geometry, I'd just like it to have a bit longer reach if anything

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
Hi, I bought a giant trance 1.5 2019 last winter, found great clearance deal. When I was reading some reviews I found that the actual measured hta is lower than stated - https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/mountain-bike-under-2500/giant-trance-3
I measured my hta with phone app and it measures around 65.5, I'm wondering if anyone has measured their hta with something more precise, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the app.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
Mmohovic wrote:
Hi, I bought a giant trance 1.5 2019 last winter, found great clearance deal. When I was reading some reviews I found that the actual measured hta is lower than stated - https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/mountain-bike-under-2500/giant-trance-3
I measured my hta with phone app and it measures around 65.5, I'm wondering if anyone has measured their hta with something more precise, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the app.

it would be hard to check with the bike on the ground since the ground must be level to begin.
difference in front and rear tires would also though you number off, due to tire size and knob height.

the best way to check is to have the bike on a bike stand and have it leveled axle to axle.
then you would be able to get the true head angle after taking out the variables.

probably too much of a hassle to really bother.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017836
Mobile Version of Website