Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Exactly. That's a killer deal with tires, tube and a spare driver. Those drivers are worth $100 alone. Those wheels run on DT Swiss 240 hubs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Exactly. That's a killer deal with tires, tube and a spare driver. Those drivers are worth $100 alone. Those wheels run on DT Swiss 240 hubs.

Do you think they are wide enough?

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:

Do you think they are wide enough?

They are a little bit narrow for my taste but definitely not a bad deal for what they are. Especially given how hard it is to find a wheelset right now.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Difficult question. I didn't notice that they were the skinnier ones.

I personally run 2.3s on my bikes. I don't like the big ballony tires. I have 25mm DT Swiss rims on my other bike (same rims as many enduro and dh pros). I would probably still get them, but I know that some people think you need 30mm.

If you like running 2.6s, then I would pass. I think the bigger tires do need a wider rim.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:

I personally run 2.3s on my bikes. I don't like the big ballony tires. I have 25mm DT Swiss rims on my other bike (same rims as many enduro and dh pros). I would probably still get them, but I know that some people think you need 30mm.

If you like running 2.6s, then I would pass. I think the bigger tires do need a wider rim.

I'm not dead set on the Michelin s i have they came with the bike. I find them very grippy but quite large for the mostly dry dirt we have around here.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
Looking to get a 2020 Trance 3 27.5 any reviews? Pros/Cons? I currently have a old hard tail and need a much over due upgrade. Any help would be appreciated!

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
scottyvoges wrote:
Looking to get a 2020 Trance 3 27.5 any reviews? Pros/Cons? I currently have a old hard tail and need a much over due upgrade. Any help would be appreciated!

Personally I would (and did) go for the Trance 29 or X instead of the 27.5 unless you have a particular reason for the 27.5 - much better geometry on the 29ers, the 27.5 is a pretty outdated design now.

No offence intended to 27.5 owners who love theirs...

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:

I've ran 2.6" tyres on 25mm ID rims and its absolutely fine, never had any issues.

I'm on 30mm rims now just because that's what my new wheels came with, although the extra air volume in the casing is nice.

imo bigger than 30mm is pointless and going wider than 2.5" tyres is also pretty pointless (unless the manufacturer only has a 2.6 instead of a 2.4 or 2.5)

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
scottyvoges wrote:

It is an awesome "do it all" bike. It sits exactly in the middle of uphill and downhill capability, and it does them both extremely well.
My last couple of Trance models were the 2. The 3 specs Sram SX drivetrain which is pretty bad, IMO. The 2 specs Shimano SLX which is much more reliable. And Shimano crank arms are easier to remove.

Cons are if you want a lighter weight, more XC, uphill oriented bike. Or if you want a more enduro/ bike park/ gravity focused bike. 27.5 is a pro or a con, depending on which side of this years old debate you fall.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
Sorry if is already answered, I spent 5 min looking for it ...

What size Bottom bracket do I need for a 2016 Trance SX?
All I've found so far is - SRAM press fit
Thanks
John

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
jbirchy wrote:
Sorry if is already answered, I spent 5 min looking for it ...

What size Bottom bracket do I need for a 2016 Trance SX?
All I've found so far is - SRAM press fit
Thanks
John

Bb92 press fit I do believe. Lot of different companies make them.

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
Curious if anyone knows the longest dropper that fits an 18 Large frame. I’m at work right now (work out of town) and can’t measure for a week or so. My contact is sticky now and I’ve don’t all the maintenance and greasing etc. still takes a bump to get it to come up. So I’m going to order a fox dropper, just not 100% sure a 150 fits, OEM is 125 isn’t it?

photo

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Can't remember what size the stock post is, but I've a 150mm brand x post in a 17 large frame.

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 4:53 Quote
Bustedflush wrote:
Can't remember what size the stock post is, but I've a 150mm brand x post in a 17 large frame.

Thank you sir. Just what I needed to know.

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
[Quote="slodsm"]Curious if anyone knows the longest dropper that fits an 18 Large frame. I’m at work right now (work out of town) and can’t measure for a week or so. My contact is sticky now and I’ve don’t all the maintenance and greasing etc. still takes a bump to get it to come up. So I’m going to order a fox dropper, just not 100% sure a 150 fits, OEM is 125 isn’t it?

It will actually depend on your individual seat height. A 200mm+ dropper will fit the bike but not fit you.
if you don't want to measure your seat height and the max post insertion for your frame, and the insertion length of the new post, i would suggest getting an adjustable dropper like a one up or pnw dropper.

you'll need 31.6 post diameter.
I run a 170mm dropper on my size medium frame no issue and im only 5'6", but i have long legs and short torso.

You might have to reroute your dropper cable in your frame. my dropper cable was routed to the rear of the upper maestro rocker bolt on the seat tube when i bought it. With the longer post this caused a kink in cable cable housing that gave the post crappy actuation. I had to route the cable housing in front of the rocker to fix this issue.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016101
Mobile Version of Website