Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
| Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 16:01 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
The -2 angleset is the most bang for the buck upgrade ever.

Couldn’t agree more! Transformed the bike. It was feeling a tad dated but since then I have no reason to upgrade.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 16:28 Quote
Exactly. It's one of the rare occasions where there are no trade-offs. Only benefits.

Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 6:43 Quote
I too have the angleset on my 2020, except I was injured and never had a chance to try it out, I'll have to wait for spring.
Seeing as we are talking upgrades:
Ergon grips and seat,
Oneup carbon bars
Nukeproof stem
-2angle set
Fox performance 36 fork
Vee attack tires on Hunt endurowide wheels
one up pedals on RaceFace Aeffect R cranks
Fox DPX2
PNW dropper and lever

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
I too have the angleset on my 2020, except I was injured and never had a chance to try it out, I'll have to wait for spring.
Seeing as we are talking upgrades:
Ergon grips and seat,
Oneup carbon bars
Nukeproof stem
-2angle set
Fox performance 36 fork
Vee attack tires on Hunt endurowide wheels
one up pedals on RaceFace Aeffect R cranks
Fox DPX2
PNW dropper and lever

You’re going to love the angle set. I feel like the bike tracks way better and has waaay more confidence heading downhill.

How do you like the Vee’s!? I was looking at those tires as well but settled on the Continental Kryptotal (Enduro/Soft). I’m extremely happy with the Conti’s but those Vee’s scored really high on the Vital MTB field test.

Part of the reason I didn’t go with the Vee’s is because I could only find it in downhill casing if I remember right.

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 7:41 Quote
mtbivans wrote:
Willowbeast wrote:
I too have the angleset on my 2020, except I was injured and never had a chance to try it out, I'll have to wait for spring.
Seeing as we are talking upgrades:
Ergon grips and seat,
Oneup carbon bars
Nukeproof stem
-2angle set
Fox performance 36 fork
Vee attack tires on Hunt endurowide wheels
one up pedals on RaceFace Aeffect R cranks
Fox DPX2
PNW dropper and lever

You’re going to love the angle set. I feel like the bike tracks way better and has waaay more confidence heading downhill.

I am hoping so, I found on very steep terrain in the turns I wouldn't feel very comfortable. My angleset is not 100% centered but a mm or 2 off, its tough getting it in there. The Vees are good tires, mine are the HPL gravity. They are a bit heavy but they catch me by surprise when I think they might slide they grip and it throws me off a bit. I'll need to get used to them.

How do you like the Vee’s!? I was looking at those tires as well but settled on the Continental Kryptotal (Enduro/Soft). I’m extremely happy with the Conti’s but those Vee’s scored really high on the Vital MTB field test.

Part of the reason I didn’t go with the Vee’s is because I could only find it in downhill casing if I remember right.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 19:52 Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
mtbivans wrote:
Willowbeast wrote:
I too have the angleset on my 2020, except I was injured and never had a chance to try it out, I'll have to wait for spring.
Seeing as we are talking upgrades:
Ergon grips and seat,
Oneup carbon bars
Nukeproof stem
-2angle set
Fox performance 36 fork
Vee attack tires on Hunt endurowide wheels
one up pedals on RaceFace Aeffect R cranks
Fox DPX2
PNW dropper and lever

You’re going to love the angle set. I feel like the bike tracks way better and has waaay more confidence heading downhill.

I am hoping so, I found on very steep terrain in the turns I wouldn't feel very comfortable. My angleset is not 100% centered but a mm or 2 off, its tough getting it in there. The Vees are good tires, mine are the HPL gravity. They are a bit heavy but they catch me by surprise when I think they might slide they grip and it throws me off a bit. I'll need to get used to them.

How do you like the Vee’s!? I was looking at those tires as well but settled on the Continental Kryptotal (Enduro/Soft). I’m extremely happy with the Conti’s but those Vee’s scored really high on the Vital MTB field test.

Part of the reason I didn’t go with the Vee’s is because I could only find it in downhill casing if I remember right.

Thanks for the update. That’s what I was thinking they would be like. I’m really surprised with these Conti’s they seem to roll extremely well and seem lighter then what the are but the grip is excellent.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2024 at 12:29 Quote
That looks awesome!! One of the new Reign E's comes in raw aluminum but not with a high polish finish like yours, I think yours looks better though

microfiz wrote:
And very likely the first stripped and polished ebike?

FInished product. Tucking the harnesses was a pain in the ass.
FInished product. Tucking the harnesses was a pain in the ass.
FInished product. Tucking the harnesses was a pain in the ass.

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 8:51 Quote
ive a 200x57 monarch plus rc3 on my size medium and it clears fine. just get the right tune, M/M or above. ive jumped mine loads so it gets proper abuse.

| Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011072
Mobile Version of Website