DX pedals for XC?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
So im getting an AM/XC bike ( A 2013 norco sight) and ill be doing highschool XC rides on it and lots of climbing to dh trails, i have dx pedals from my dh bike, would it be any kind of issue to run DX's on a light bike like that? thanks

Posted: Oct 5, 2013 at 19:08 Quote
Get clipless. It will help you big time in races. Source: I'm a highschool racer too

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 8:08 Quote
Mr88high wrote:
Get clipless. It will help you big time in races. Source: I'm a highschool racer too
DX's are clipless?

Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 19:19 Quote
if there are rocky climbs you have to time your pedal strokes more precisely so it doesn't hit, they are a bit thicker than most clipless pedals... maybe one of these???

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 19:26 Quote
I like those xtr clips but I also like how big of a platform the Dx has. I also don't think ill be doing too rocky of climbs but ill definitely climb some rocks

Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 22:56 Quote
I have dx's for my downhill bike too, and recently have been using them for trail riding, and they've been sweet, no complaints. I'm gonna continue to ride dx's on my dh bike, but next season I'm gonna switch for some xt's mainly for weight savings. So yeah they work great, but they aren't the slimmest or lightest clipless pedal out there.

Posted: Oct 7, 2013 at 1:56 Quote
I'd say the same thing as the person above me. I have DX pedals and i've blown a couple pairs seeing how thick they are, gonna be switching to XT trail pedals on all my bikes next year. Also, i've never seen much difference clipping into a DX and into a regular SPD pedals.. the platform doesn't help much, they are just as fast both of them!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009417
Mobile Version of Website