Good Dirt Jumper Bikes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good Dirt Jumper Bikes
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 15:14 Quote
am looking into getting into some dirt jumping and looking for the right bike. anyone got any suggestions on a good dirt jumper to get?

Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 20:22 Quote
You looking for new, or used?

Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 20:41 Quote
dcorbett62 wrote:
am looking into getting into some dirt jumping and looking for the right bike. anyone got any suggestions on a good dirt jumper to get?


Transition Bikes - PBJ, BLT
Black Market Bikes - Mob, Edit1
NS Bikes - http://www.ns-bikes.com/

Haro Steel Reserve
Rocky Mountain DJ Flow
Giant STP
Specialized P1
Trek Ticket

Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 20:44 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:


Transition Bikes - PBJ, BLT
Black Market Bikes - Mob, Edit1
NS Bikes - http://www.ns-bikes.com/

Haro Steel Reserve
Rocky Mountain DJ Flow
Giant STP
Specialized P1
Trek Ticket

Trek Ticket is only a limited edition frame for 700 this year so probably not for someone looking to get into the sport. What's the price range you're looking at?

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 0:37 Quote
DanielRistow wrote:
cmc4130 wrote:


Transition Bikes - PBJ, BLT
Black Market Bikes - Mob, Edit1
NS Bikes - http://www.ns-bikes.com/

Haro Steel Reserve
Rocky Mountain DJ Flow
Giant STP
Specialized P1
Trek Ticket

Trek Ticket is only a limited edition frame for 700 this year so probably not for someone looking to get into the sport. What's the price range you're looking at?

EDIT: removing my prior comment.

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 11:50 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
Yeah you know what, F!!!! Trek. I couldn't find any DJ bike from the front of their web site. They're basically using pro riders image to sell their other non-DJ bikes. B.S.
theyre trying to make a limited bike avalible to the public that was once only avalible to pro riders (sortat like what x fusion is doing with that gold fork).. i see nothing wrong with that.

maybe if the demand is big enough, they will eventually make more.. but for now, its all about that 'exclusive-ness'

As for your second comment, you do realize every bike company uses their riders to sell (any and all) bikes right? I believe the term is called sports marketing.

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 12:01 Quote
EDIT: comment removed

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 13:44 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
but being totally unable to find an entry level or intermediate DJ bike makes it seem to me like a lack of commitment.
sorry, im not sure if i understood your reply... but if youre looking specifically for a DJ/ slope style bike from trek, you could be looking for a while (aside from the frame were talking about here). that frame is the coolest thing trek has done in the DJ/slope style scene in years (IMO).

there are a lot of other companies who mostly focus on DJ and slopestyle bikes. like NS, dartmoore, etc. trek has never been one to cater to dirtjumpers.. (well.. unless your semenuk, then youve already had this frame for a while)


that frame is dialed AF and has low manufacturing numbers.. so if you want one, you had better hop on it!

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010670
Mobile Version of Website