Apps for training/timing/recording trails etc

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Apps for training/timing/recording trails etc
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 3:38 Quote
Hey, I was wondering what people mainly use for tracking their rides. I use Strava but was wondering what was best for getting accurate times for specific runs?

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 10:55 Quote
Garmin or other gps device. Phones apps are never as accurate as far as I know. Then just use strava or garmin connect for mapping and timing

Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
I've compared strava on my android vs strava on Garmin and the results were extremely similar... literally less than .05% difference

FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2013 at 11:21 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
I've compared strava on my android vs strava on Garmin and the results were extremely similar... literally less than .05% difference

that's impressive, I've never had the phone app work that well, nor have any of the people I know who've tried it.

Posted: Oct 11, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
octanejake wrote:
shredjekyll wrote:

that's impressive, I've never had the phone app work that well, nor have any of the people I know who've tried it.

Weird, my brother and I both have galaxy S3's and ours works great.

Posted: Oct 16, 2013 at 19:15 Quote
If the Strava app is crashing for you, try Open GPS Tracker. It's a bit simpler and more reliable. You can still upload your rides to Strava pretty easily too. You just share > email > upload@strava.com (providing the email you use on your phone is the same one you've registered with Strava).

If you just need to know your time between two points and you aren't trying to register Strava segments, then ultimate accuracy is not really that important - all you need to know is the time difference between your start and finish points. If you are after extreme accuracy, a dedicated sports GPS will probably be better than a smartphone, particularly where satellite visibility is not great. Changing apps is unlikely to affect accuracy.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012122
Mobile Version of Website