Official Coast Gravity Park Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Coast Gravity Park Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2013 at 9:16 Quote
Welcome everyone to the coast gravity park thread. The Coast Gravity Park is an all year round bike park that is being built by the coastal crew on the Sunshine Coast of BC.

Rules are as follows:
-No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
-No linking to distasteful websites
-No flaming
-No distasteful pictures
-No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
-No soliciting in the thread
-No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
-No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
-No talking about illicit/illegal activity

Any violation of the following rules will result in the post being cessed and users warned or banned at the moderators’ discretion. If too many posts are being cessed, users being warned or banned, this thread will be locked and there will be no more “general discussion” type threads allowed. This is the last chance we are giving so please follow the rules and encourage your peers to abide by the rules. If you see something inappropriate, report it immediately and don’t quote it and exacerbate the situation.

Posted: Oct 15, 2013 at 11:44 Quote
any word on how many trails they have on the go and what skill level they are?

Posted: Oct 15, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
They haven't released any info but I'm gonna go sneak up to the build site in early November to check it out

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
Any news on an opening date?

Posted: Feb 9, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
HebMT wrote:
Any news on an opening date?
No date as of yet but previously the Coastal Crew said that it would be open in the summer of 2014 and also on there website it says it will open in 2014. so hopefully soon

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
Expect an official announcement in the next week or two on opening date...

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 12:49 Quote
I'm guessing no chairlift yet?

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:

Still truck shuttles. Chairlifts aren't something you can just buy at Ikea and build in one sitting

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
kazyamamura wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:

Still truck shuttles. Chairlifts aren't something you can just buy at Ikea and build in one sitting
Hahaha

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 19:03 Quote
kazyamamura wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:

Ok so I went up to check the park out and I was told by a worker there that they will not be putting in a chairlift for the next few years. I also learned that there will be several days at the end of April where riding will be available. There will also be a campground on sight and concessions.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
Rode at CGP twice the past two weekends. Last Sunday was pretty empty, no waits and trails were dry considering the Pineapple Express that rolled through the day before which shut them down. Yesterday (Saturday) it was packed, they had 4 trucks running shuttles so the line moved reasonably quick but there was still a 20-30 minute wait for laps at times. Trails were in even better shape than the week before, even the new loamer trail is holding up well and super fun the way it blasts you onto a berm at the end.

Hopefully they are getting enough riders and making money to put toward more shuttle capacity because I can imagine the waits on a busy summer weekend could get pretty long.

The quality of the trail building is the most impressive thing, everything is perfectly spaced and thought out. I rode everything except the pro line (Coast Cruise/Flight Deck) as I'm only an intermediate and there was only one corner with minor brake bumps. So smooth compared to Whistler. I will be back for sure.

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 16:19 Quote
Coming to ride in August. Best camping close to the bike park? I have a small tent trailer.

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
I'm heading up from Vancouver in about a month. what is the best way to get there? There's an advert for ferry plus bus for $99 on the website but the link takes me to the BC ferries page.

I read that BC ferries can get really busy so that if i'm driving up in a rental i need to book the ferry in advance. Anyone have any pointers/advice please?

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 16:57 Quote
expat-taff wrote:
I'm heading up from Vancouver in about a month. what is the best way to get there? There's an advert for ferry plus bus for $99 on the website but the link takes me to the BC ferries page.

I read that BC ferries can get really busy so that if i'm driving up in a rental i need to book the ferry in advance. Anyone have any pointers/advice please?

Be an hour early for the ferry and you will be fine unless it's a busy weekend or holiday or something. I don't know anything about a bus, it's a 45 minute drive to the park from the langdale ferry terminal.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010462
Mobile Version of Website