What's my titanium bike worth?

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
What's my titanium bike worth?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 16:16 Quote
I have a lovely titanium hard tail. 17.5 frame. Year 2000. In a raw finish. It hasn't been riddin much. I recently rebuilt it with xt and new wheelset and hs33 breaks. I've used it for 3mnths as a commuter. My commute is 2km.I will post pics soon but what do you think it's worth. 26 inch wheels but with xt and mavic are both disc and rim break Compatible but there is room for 29inch. It realy is lovely but I need to sell it. I'm buying a fat bike. What do you think it's worth. The downside is its presently 26inch wheels and the frame is not disc brakes compatible. It needs the adapter to run disks. Any feedback is appreciated.
Cheers Kev.
Nouvel Ti Frame XT build kit Bombr forks. RaceFace Suspension seat post.

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 17:12 Quote
Very hard to put a price on a bike like that. I personally like how you have set it up with the rear mudguard.

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
What is it? Better pics?

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 9:46 Quote
I would guess $400 to $600+ depending on who manufactured the frame. Looks like it might be a raliegh mti1000 or 2000 frame.

There are no downsides of that bike, 26 inch wheels may be waning in popularity but they have had a good 35+ year run. Only time will tell if all the crazy fads of today will be looked back on with such fondness... Press fit bb's I can tell you will not.

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 7:26 Quote
I concur with eshew, $400 - $600. That doesn't sound like much but that's the way things are with a 26er, no matter what price you find on Bicycle Bluebook, there are too many 26ers going up for sale as people are unloading them. It looks like an extraordinary bike. I have the Magura stoppers on a prestine '96 Cannondale SuperV3000 I purchased a year ago for $350. I also have a '96 Barracuda A2B that I've put $400 into but I can't sell it for $200. If you research the serial number that will help identify it and can bring a better price to a vintage collector looking for it. Good luck bro!

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
as a commuter it's going to be better than most. as a mountain bike, due to age the components may be a money pit. I would agree with the others about $500. it probably has more value to you than any buyer, so consider holding on to it for commuter duty or as a second mountain bike when your other bike is int he shop or the bad weather mountain bike.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Hi guys, it’s not a Raleigh mtrax ti1000. Not sure about it being a 2000 but I do t think so.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009174
Mobile Version of Website