Norco Range Carbon

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range Carbon
| Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
Bit late to the party here but I’ve just got a 2017 Range C7.2.

It’s pretty sick. I’m not feeling the DB Air CS though. I’ve had them before on other bikes and they are insane but I don’t think it works on this frame design.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for a shock?

Cheers,

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
Traded my ccdb air for a Monarch Debonair and am very happy!

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
yetiboyjay wrote:
Bit late to the party here but I’ve just got a 2017 Range C7.2.

It’s pretty sick. I’m not feeling the DB Air CS though. I’ve had them before on other bikes and they are insane but I don’t think it works on this frame design.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for a shock?

Cheers,

Got a Vivid RC2C and its transformed the rear wheel grip levels!

Any idea where to get rear triangle/suspension hardware from? Some of mine are a bit worse for wear!

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 4:30 Quote
Ok gents thanks.

I’m looking at a vivid Air. R2C. I find the DB Air wants to hug the floor which makes the bike fast but not playful. I like to pop off things and hit jumps. This shocks sort of dulls the feel of the bike.

A coil could be best but I don’t really want an extra ton of weight

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 13:18 Quote
I’m considering a 2018 BOS KIRK 3-way for a bargain price. I’ve used a BOS Stoy on a dh bike in the past with success also some Devilles. Just not sure how the shock will go on this frame. Info on the frames and these shocks is sparse!

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
Has anyone had any hassle indexing the mech on their range?

My X0 literally won't reach the lowest gear. Even with the limit fully backed off. Trying to rule stuff out

I have a '14 range. Just put a sunrace 11-50 cassette on with an xtr mech. I could not for the life of me get this combo to work. I added a goat link and a wolf cage. Spent countless hours effin arround with it. Could not get it to utilize the entire range.

Finally in frustration I pulled one of the middle cogs from the cassette out. It works...

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
Gasket-Jeff wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

My X0 literally won't reach the lowest gear. Even with the limit fully backed off. Trying to rule stuff out

I have a '14 range. Just put a sunrace 11-50 cassette on with an xtr mech. I could not for the life of me get this combo to work. I added a goat link and a wolf cage. Spent countless hours effin arround with it. Could not get it to utilize the entire range.

Finally in frustration I pulled one of the middle cogs from the cassette out. It works...

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
I have the same casette with an XT derailleur. No issues.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
Gasket-Jeff wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

I'm really trying to remember what the issue was, this was about 3 years ago now aha.

I have a feeling I never worked it out. It ran fine with XTR, Xt and some 11 speed sram kit though.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
What do it guys think about the 2020 Range? Is it unchanged from 2018? I have a 2018 Norco Range C9.1. I love the bike, and thinking about getting a new frame and swapping all my components over. Price for the carbon frame is not too bad considering the competition like Santa Cruz and Specialized.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
2020 range remains unchanged

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
Wait until next year I reckon

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
When I compare the frame geo of 2020 to 2018 there is a fair amount of difference though. Just curious what that is from. I know the 2018 comes spec’ed with 160mm fork and the 2020 with a 170mm as well as different trail measurement.

The 2020 Range doesn’t seem to be a re-design like the optic or sight, but just slightly refined?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
There's no refinements. It's the same.

Any differences are from mistakes on your end or their end with the exception of spec stuff

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Also keep in mind that the use of a different fork length would result in minor geometry changes, which are likely reflected in the geometry chart.

But yeah, no changes for 2020.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010742
Mobile Version of Website