Were do ye keep yer ride?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Were do ye keep yer ride?
Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 18:43 Quote

Fair enough, I kept mine in the garage last night... it's in the living room now.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:

Fair enough, I kept mine in the garage last night... it's in the living room now.

I'm gonna act like your posts don't exist after what was on the last page..

Anywho, my bikes are always in my house, wherever there's room lol. I feel real guilty anytime they get left outside.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 15:08 Quote
Nukeproof Mega chained to the floor in my garage, Scott Genius all over the garage floor as it's currently in pieces.

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 6:56 Quote
That butterpants dude is ridiculous. I keep mine in an alarmed shed! If it wasn't alarmed, inside the house.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 12:56 Quote
I agree with that...If my driveway wasn't gated I'd lock my garage but the gate alarm will sound if it's opened after 7:00 without the code. My dad keeps his bikes in the attached garage which is hooked up to the house alarm but theft is so rare in our neighborhood we almost don't need an alarm. I've been lucky enough to never have had a bike stolen

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
I had my operator stolen last year (got it back too!), probably the worst bike related thing that can happen besides getting injured. I've never felt that kind of blood lust lol. But it was my own fault, ran into a store with my op sitting on my tailgate, never again!

Now whenever I'm driving somewhere with bikes in the back they're locked to the truck bed!

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 20:08 Quote
I keep my bikes in a garage that we have just recently started to lock but I think there has only ben one thing stolen and it was a razor instead of a ipod.

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
Zimmer68 wrote:

I'm gonna act like your posts don't exist after what was on the last page..

Anywho, my bikes are always in my house, wherever there's room lol. I feel real guilty anytime they get left outside.
Please sir, don't do that. I'll try harder next time. I absolutly should have let some self rightous 18 year old litte kid sum me up in 2 sentences.

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 19:41 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
I agree with that...If my driveway wasn't gated I'd lock my garage but the gate alarm will sound if it's opened after 7:00 without the code. My dad keeps his bikes in the attached garage which is hooked up to the house alarm but theft is so rare in our neighborhood we almost don't need an alarm. I've been lucky enough to never have had a bike stolen
As I said.... you mean your dads gate... you dont even pay taxes... so, STFU

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 19:42 Quote
my ride is in the living room this fine evening

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
As I said.... you mean your dads gate... you dont even pay taxes... so, STFU

Ok...here we go againRolleyes I never claimed to have paid taxes but I'm speaking for most people when I say they don't want to pay someone's medical bills because they busted their head open riding their bike. Sorry to claim ownership over the gate, it does technically belong to my parents Rolleyes You have every right to disagree with what I'm saying, but I think you were criticized by another user because you essentially called me immature when I was trying to give a casual remark about keeping a fellow rider safe. You then called me several expletives and hijacked this thread by posting a bunch of pictures of your gear laying out on the floor. It doesn't help your case that you're playing the "respect your elders" card, since I don't even know any of my peers who would respond the way you did, much less a 33 year old man. Disagree with me, but keep the "stupid motherf---ker" and "stfu" comments to yourself please. I'm just trying to look out for my fellow riders. Please don't take too much offense. Now can we please get this thread back on track? If you have further questions you can PM me, but this is disrespectful to users who use this thread as a bike storage resource. Cheers Beer

Chris

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 20:58 Quote
its okay chris, I and others here have more respect for you and take you more seriously than butter pants here.. you are 17 and have already learned things that he at 33 will never know. ie. how to communicate effectively, few respect or follow those who cannot compromise or learn.

Salute

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 21:05 Quote
dmadness wrote:
its okay chris, I and others here have more respect for you and take you more seriously than butter pants here.. you are 17 and have already learned things that he at 33 will never know. ie. how to communicate effectively, few respect or follow those who cannot compromise or learn.

Salute

Thanks dmadness, I appreciate it. Now though, let's get this thread back on track so it can serve as a useful resource about bike storage tup . Thanks though, and Cheers Beer
Chris

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 17:49 Quote
i have my bike hanging in my room from 2 hooks, wasnt enough room for it on the ground in my room and i wasnt leaving it in my garage, ( had a bmx bike stolen a few years ago from my garage not gonna have the same thing happen to my mtn bike way to much # invested in it lol n learned my lesson)

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
How many people keep their bikes in a climate controlled area? For whatever reason, keeping your suspension oil fresh, etc. Just wondering if it's a factor that crosses many people's minds or if it even matters at all really

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046873
Mobile Version of Website