Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 3:06 Quote
Hi,
I want lowering a Mz 55r 2014 to 100mm. How I cut the spring for not avoid rubbing in the interior walls?
Can I use a rockshox domain spring and cut this?
Sorry for my bad english

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
anybody had issue with marzocchi slope cr ?
Lower brand new forks yestarday to 100 travel from 120, after 10min of riding fork compresed on the take off and decompresed to 170mm of travel Big Grin wtf boys

Manage to sort it out, C - clip pop off, not sure how Is that hapent...how much Psi you guys running in them? Even with 150 they feel pretty soft

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
hello i have got a 2008 dirt jumper 1 (100mm) and i want to lower to 90 but i dont want to open it because i usually break something if im not 100% shure about what im doing. has anybody lowered one of these? i would like to see any video or photos, thanks Wink

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
alejorider14 wrote:
hello i have got a 2008 dirt jumper 1 (100mm) and i want to lower to 90 but i dont want to open it because i usually break something if im not 100% shure about what im doing. has anybody lowered one of these? i would like to see any video or photos, thanks Wink

I've always taken the lowers off. But you may be able to take the spring side top cap odd and slide the top out rod out through the top, maybe. That is how I lowered my 2011 4x/WC. Basically the same frame.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 5:39 Quote
photo
photo
(sorry for the super shitty photos)
so this is where i am. i dont know what i have to do, whats the next step?

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 15:33 Quote
You need to remove that metal C clip to remove the internals from the uppers. Need c-clip pliers to do it

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
You need to remove that metal C clip to remove the internals from the uppers. Need c-clip pliers to do it
And after that i just have to put the spacer inside of it?

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 17:01 Quote
alejorider14 wrote:
pretty much, yeah

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
alejorider14 wrote:
pretty much, yeah
Thanks a lot! i lowered it to 8,5 cm! Wink

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 23:33 Quote
ibex wrote:
So, again, S.O.S.,

"Hello!
See that there are quite many MZ connaisseurs on this forum.
I plan to lower a 350 NCR Ti. For a ht trail bike I want to build, so also would like to retain the small bump sensitivity and plushness. Officially, only the 350 NCR can be lowered with 20 mm via spacers.
Do you know if newer forks like the 350 NCR Ti can be modified like the old ones?
Also, indirectly related, can a DBC cart be converted to open bath? Is there a thread dedicated to this?
(I've searched on the Internet, but there seems to be no information at all about this cartridge).
Also, does anybody know if the MZ 55 pieces would generally fit on a 350? Given that both use 35 mm stanchions, would the threads on the upper part, where the top caps come in, be the same?
Sorry if only half of my questions are directly related to this thread, can;t find so many MZ related communities these days.."

[quote]I did mine a couple of times with 40cc in each leg but the rate became too progressive. I couldn't get full travel. I've dropped it to 30cc in each leg. I'm using Repsol fork oil 7.5wt.[/quote]

found that on another thread

i was also wondering if DBC could take a full 150cc open-bath. seems not

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
Velocitor wrote:
ibex wrote:
So, again, S.O.S.,

"Hello!
See that there are quite many MZ connaisseurs on this forum.
I plan to lower a 350 NCR Ti. For a ht trail bike I want to build, so also would like to retain the small bump sensitivity and plushness. Officially, only the 350 NCR can be lowered with 20 mm via spacers.
Do you know if newer forks like the 350 NCR Ti can be modified like the old ones?
Also, indirectly related, can a DBC cart be converted to open bath? Is there a thread dedicated to this?
(I've searched on the Internet, but there seems to be no information at all about this cartridge).
Also, does anybody know if the MZ 55 pieces would generally fit on a 350? Given that both use 35 mm stanchions, would the threads on the upper part, where the top caps come in, be the same?
Sorry if only half of my questions are directly related to this thread, can;t find so many MZ related communities these days.."

[quote]I did mine a couple of times with 40cc in each leg but the rate became too progressive. I couldn't get full travel. I've dropped it to 30cc in each leg. I'm using Repsol fork oil 7.5wt.

found that on another thread

i was also wondering if DBC could take a full 150cc open-bath. seems not[/Quote]

Hello!

According to a MZ tech which I have asked per e-Mail 40 cc would be the max for the damper leg.
He did not explain why, but if I recall correctly it would do damage to the cart.
I think the only way to have a proper open bath 350 is to install an AVA kit or a cart from a 55 which supposedly would fit.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 9:00 Quote
ibex wrote:

Hello!

According to a MZ tech which I have asked per e-Mail 40 cc would be the max for the damper leg.
He did not explain why, but if I recall correctly it would do damage to the cart.
I think the only way to have a proper open bath 350 is to install an AVA kit or a cart from a 55 which supposedly would fit.

thanks for the info!

actually i'm interested in this because i'm about to pick up a 2014 55R for a pretty good price

apparently the 55R also uses a "DBC" rebound-only cartridge. marzocchi.com specifies 20cc for the damper leg. 150cc for the coil spring side

i'm afraid 20cc won't be enough to "splash" into the bushings and might not have classic marzocchi plushness

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
Velocitor wrote:
ibex wrote:

Hello!

thanks for the info!

actually i'm interested in this because i'm about to pick up a 2014 55R for a pretty good price

apparently the 55R also uses a "DBC" rebound-only cartridge. marzocchi.com specifies 20cc for the damper leg. 150cc for the coil spring side

i'm afraid 20cc won't be enough to "splash" into the bushings and might not have classic marzocchi plushness

I have drained away all the free flowing oil out of the damper leg of the 350 NCR Ti and put again 40 cc on the damper side. Indeed with this quantity you can't have the feel of 100 or 150 cc, but again, according to a MZ tech 40 cc is the max the DBC side in the 350 would allow. 20 cc from factory is a joke, I know. Consider also taking the fork apart and lube the seals. Also, some suggest that removing foam seals can drastically reduce friction if the fork has them. If you have the chance i would upgrade the DBC to an EVO cart, or mabey just buy a 55 Evo directly. If you are after ultimative MZ feel I don;t think the DBC equals a true open bath just because of the missing oil.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
ibex wrote:
Velocitor wrote:
ibex wrote:

Hello!

thanks for the info!

I have drained away all the free flowing oil out of the damper leg of the 350 NCR Ti and put again 40 cc on the damper side. Indeed with this quantity you can't have the feel of 100 or 150 cc, but again, according to a MZ tech 40 cc is the max the DBC side in the 350 would allow. 20 cc from factory is a joke, I know. Consider also taking the fork apart and lube the seals. Also, some suggest that removing foam seals can drastically reduce friction if the fork has them. If you have the chance i would upgrade the DBC to an EVO cart, or mabey just buy a 55 Evo directly. If you are after ultimative MZ feel I don;t think the DBC equals a true open bath just because of the missing oil.

i think i'll just buy it. then play with it to see if it could be modded to full open-bath

it's a rebound-only DBC so maybe i'll find a way to make it work w/ 150cc

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
Hello.

i need help for 44 Micro Ti 29" TST. The fork ist 120mm. I wanted to change it to 140mm but i couldn't remove top had cap. Do you have any advice how to do it? Thanks for help...

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/jncarpenter/media/5.jpg.html

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016140
Mobile Version of Website