Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 2:13 Quote
Did someone is running MZ 350 CR without foam/oil seals?

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
Velocitor wrote:
ibex wrote:
Velocitor wrote:

thanks for the info!

actually i'm interested in this because i'm about to pick up a 2014 55R for a pretty good price

apparently the 55R also uses a "DBC" rebound-only cartridge. marzocchi.com specifies 20cc for the damper leg. 150cc for the coil spring side

i'm afraid 20cc won't be enough to "splash" into the bushings and might not have classic marzocchi plushness

I have drained away all the free flowing oil out of the damper leg of the 350 NCR Ti and put again 40 cc on the damper side. Indeed with this quantity you can't have the feel of 100 or 150 cc, but again, according to a MZ tech 40 cc is the max the DBC side in the 350 would allow. 20 cc from factory is a joke, I know. Consider also taking the fork apart and lube the seals. Also, some suggest that removing foam seals can drastically reduce friction if the fork has them. If you have the chance i would upgrade the DBC to an EVO cart, or mabey just buy a 55 Evo directly. If you are after ultimative MZ feel I don;t think the DBC equals a true open bath just because of the missing oil.

i think i'll just buy it. then play with it to see if it could be modded to full open-bath

it's a rebound-only DBC so maybe i'll find a way to make it work w/ 150cc

Hello!

Let us know how it turned out.
Did you get the fork?
Did you manage to mod the DBC cart?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 12:48 Quote
MiLi wrote:
Hello.

i need help for 44 Micro Ti 29" TST. The fork ist 120mm. I wanted to change it to 140mm but i couldn't remove top had cap. Do you have any advice how to do it? Thanks for help...

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/jncarpenter/media/5.jpg.html

i did it...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://shrani.si/f/T/6I/XPhywve/50a70eb5-8371-4c68-b47f-.jpg

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 5:48 Quote
ibex wrote:
Velocitor wrote:
ibex wrote:

I have drained away all the free flowing oil out of the damper leg of the 350 NCR Ti and put again 40 cc on the damper side. Indeed with this quantity you can't have the feel of 100 or 150 cc, but again, according to a MZ tech 40 cc is the max the DBC side in the 350 would allow. 20 cc from factory is a joke, I know. Consider also taking the fork apart and lube the seals. Also, some suggest that removing foam seals can drastically reduce friction if the fork has them. If you have the chance i would upgrade the DBC to an EVO cart, or mabey just buy a 55 Evo directly. If you are after ultimative MZ feel I don;t think the DBC equals a true open bath just because of the missing oil.

i think i'll just buy it. then play with it to see if it could be modded to full open-bath

it's a rebound-only DBC so maybe i'll find a way to make it work w/ 150cc

Hello!

Let us know how it turned out.
Did you get the fork?
Did you manage to mod the DBC cart?

Thanks!

hi! i ended up getting a rockshox sektor gold RL 150mm dual-position coil

Posted: Jul 4, 2016 at 13:51 Quote
Is there anywhere online (ideally uk) that has the travel reduction spacers to buy for a 350 ncr. Windwave stock them but don't sell to the general public so I'd have to find a shop to order me some assuming they have an account with them I guess.

Just hoping you can buy them elsewhere. Someone told me some were on Ebay, but I can't find them.

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 19:48 Quote
hello guys!
i own a dj2 '09 and i found myself really comfortable in taking it apart for service and a little lowering because of that sound in extension. now with a new frame coming soon i bought a dj1 '14. i think it will not be so much difference between them so I'm not scared to open the new one. my question is can i make something different out of the 2? i was thinking maybe take out the spring on the right side of the new one. and after put the air valve cap of the '09 on the left side of the new? i remember i tried to ride my old one spring-less but was very easy to compress even with more psi. also i was scared about seals and leaks on the bottom with all that psi. but if I'm able to put some air on the other side as well it will help to have a stiffer compression with less psi?
thank you.

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
mgolder wrote:
Is there anywhere online (ideally uk) that has the travel reduction spacers to buy for a 350 ncr. Windwave stock them but don't sell to the general public so I'd have to find a shop to order me some assuming they have an account with them I guess.

Just hoping you can buy them elsewhere. Someone told me some were on Ebay, but I can't find them.

I used a reducer for plastic plumbing to do one,

something like this, think it was from B & Q..

http://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pem062815w-straight-reducer-28mm-x-15mm/60021

check the ID/OD you need and chop off a bit, cost less than a quid to make a few Smile

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 16:03 Quote
andreagufo wrote:
hello guys!
i own a dj2 '09 and i found myself really comfortable in taking it apart for service and a little lowering because of that sound in extension. now with a new frame coming soon i bought a dj1 '14. i think it will not be so much difference between them so I'm not scared to open the new one. my question is can i make something different out of the 2? i was thinking maybe take out the spring on the right side of the new one. and after put the air valve cap of the '09 on the left side of the new? i remember i tried to ride my old one spring-less but was very easy to compress even with more psi. also i was scared about seals and leaks on the bottom with all that psi. but if I'm able to put some air on the other side as well it will help to have a stiffer compression with less psi?
thank you.

I honestly wouldn't faff around with it..keep the forks as they are. Especially if it's a new fork, probably with a warranty...if you mess around with it, it might void it.

That said I've taken the spring assembly and top out spring from an old Drop Off IV fork and dropped it into an AM1 chassis...originally the AM1 had an ETA but I wanted to permanently lower the fork for my Spesh P2, and the ETA was finicky and was meant to lower only to a specific point...and it wasn't modifiable to be lowered to where i wanted it.... so I popped in the Drop Off IV parts with a bit of cut off handlebar to lower it, replacing the ETA.I still have the TST2 in the other leg, since it has my rebound and the lockout is handy.

Basically saying that as long as the forks have the same stanchion size, pretty much all Zocchi forks can interchange their parts..So, no harm in really trying things out...

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
Anyone done this on the 2014 55 RC3 EVO V.2 Ti or can confirm if it can be done or not?

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
I lowered a 2010 55 RC3 Ti v1 from 160 to 130, it was pretty simple. I don't know what they've changed between the v1 and v2 though.

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 16:37 Quote
Go on to the new Marzocchi site. They have exploded diagrams for all Marzz forks from like 05 to now. You can compare the forks to see if there are any significant differences.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
for the 55 how did you get the spacer onto the stanchion? did you cut away a section and bend it around it or is there a way to totally disassemble that section and just slide it on?

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
for the 55 how did you get the spacer onto the stanchion? did you cut away a section and bend it around it or is there a way to totally disassemble that section and just slide it on?

U can take apart the whole rod ive had my v2s on 140mm its the same procedure as with other forks just put the spacer on the end of tje rod then put it back together like it was when you opened it this works on pretty much all forks there just few difrences.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 19:26 Quote
how do i lowering marzocchi 350cr 160mm to 140mm?thanks

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 23:40 Quote
lat72 wrote:
how do i lowering marzocchi 350cr 160mm to 140mm?thanks

You need to add two spacers (included in the box) on the air shaft.

Please look at this video - it's for NCr but the procedure and air spring is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYuVziYtwk

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029351
Mobile Version of Website