Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 2:06 Quote
DBC
When I push the rod (upward) there some oil with air coming out from the place I noticed on photo.
Is it supposed to be so (also when fork assembled)?

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
Hey guys,

I was sold a 2014 Marzocchi 55CR (170mm) fork that was dropped down to 100mm travel.

From my understanding, the only way to accomplish this is with spacers? Is there a way to hack it up inside to lower it and keep it functional without spacers??

I just want to check as I haven't been able to open up the fork to make sure everything is fine.

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 5:06 Quote
In theory you could hack up the internal lower plunger rods. But that would involve having to recap and rethread them as well. It’ll be lowered with spacers. The only thing that may be cut is the spring (it may be crammed right down too so be super careful when un-threading the top cap)

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
In theory you could hack up the internal lower plunger rods. But that would involve having to recap and rethread them as well. It’ll be lowered with spacers. The only thing that may be cut is the spring (it may be crammed right down too so be super careful when un-threading the top cap)

this is how I have my DropOffIV/AM1... always brace the top cap with the ratchet and hold the crown with my hand.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
Something a bit different, I've picked up a moto c2r shock with the progression booster. 241x76mm.
I'd like to reduce the stroke and i2i by ~20mm to make it 221x56mm or so. Is it as simple as doing a rebuild and putting a 20mm pvc spacer on the shaft between parts 22 and 18? (the red part that threads onto the end of the shaft, and the teal/turquise part of the main bushing)
Marzocchi moto c2r service using some own create tools.

Would it mess with the progression booster? I'll need to put some cut outs in the spacer in case it restricts oil flow at all.
I've got a few other obstacles to get through if this was to work so I'm not sure it'll happen.

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 0:32 Quote
Help someone please. I installed remote ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whz7qx0JuWE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whz7qx0JuWE ) but it FULLY locks fork only when it pusshed little bit more than just ''to click''. I tried adjusting barrel but somehow it doesn't help. So, only when I push remote more the fork is bacaming rigid. Maybe I should play with the depth of low speed compression rod? Maybe more than 6 mm or less? I mean https://youtu.be/Bd5MgKJ0muQ?t=90 https://youtu.be/Bd5MgKJ0muQ?t=90

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
Can somebody please tell the part number of Manual lock out lever for Marzocchi 350 ncr like in the video or link where to buy it?..

Maybe it's 8501766/P (replaces 5497001/P)
KNOB KIT UPGRADE RC TO MANUAL LCR/NCR
or
101 5497001/P (replaced by 8501766/P)
KNOB KIT UPGRADE RC TO MANUAL LCR/NCR
?

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 4:40 Quote
Hey everybody, I have a marzocchi 55 ata2 fork at home. Is it possible to lower that fork as easily as the other ones? I am planning to use it @100mm on my pumptrack/DJ Bike. I just wasn't sure, if the lowering process is as straightforward as with the other zocchis.

If any of you has some input on this, lemme know Wink

Simon

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
PonySlaystation wrote:
Hey everybody, I have a marzocchi 55 ata2 fork at home. Is it possible to lower that fork as easily as the other ones? I am planning to use it @100mm on my pumptrack/DJ Bike. I just wasn't sure, if the lowering process is as straightforward as with the other zocchis.

Simon

Is the ATA the one with travel adjust? Because any fork with travel adjust is not going to be able to be lowered.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
BSal wrote:
PonySlaystation wrote:

Simon

Is the ATA the one with travel adjust? Because any fork with travel adjust is not going to be able to be lowered.

ETA was the travel adjust. ATA was air

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
Hey guys, i just ordered a 2017 marzocchi dj1 fork with 100mm travel, im gonna ride street with this fork and 1 actually want to lower it to 80mm travel. Is there any way i can lower this fork? And ive read about people putting in stiffer springs but i cant find these anywhere online.

Hope somebody can help me Wink

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 16:16 Quote
Anyone know if it’s a easy job lowering 55 ata forks

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 21:40 Quote
schralpknobslikecornonthecob wrote:
i tell ya how to fix this lower it into the garbage can

yup your a smart one...

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
Are 55 CSUs and lowers of different years compatible? For example, would 2010 or 2012 lowers fit 2009 CSU and vice versa? The entire chassis seems to be the same (except the differences in stanchion coatings and bushes) from 2008 to 2014 and should be cross-compatible but want to be sure or maybe someone noticed any differences.
Thanks for the help.

UPD: Solved by myself. In case anyone interested. All 55 lowers and uppers are cross-compatible. Also it is possible to fit 350 lowers on 55 uppers, but then the arch would be hitting the crown around the last 20-25mm of stroke.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012729
Mobile Version of Website