Norco Team DH 08 Custom Build Advice

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Team DH 08 Custom Build Advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 12:38 Quote
Just bought a new Norco Team DH 2008 frame and am building it upSmile advice on crankset/brakes/wheels/forks etcSmile
New Norco Team DH Frame

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 12:30 Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong... But that is defiantly an A-line

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 at 14:06 Quote
Yeah I bought it off a pro-rider unused custom ex-team bike which got sprayed with the wrong paint job by the team but is definitely a Team DH. Smile

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
Ahh ok cool Smile is it a relitavley budget build your after? like whats your budget?

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 12:00 Quote
Reasonable Price but don't want to do on the cheap and have things fail/break but am not counting gramsSmile would prefer effectiveness rather than overpaying for excessive features.

Parts of Currently got are:

Renthal Fatbars
Avid Elixir 7's (pair) 200mm
Shimano Zee Gear Shifters
Shimano Zee Rear Deralieur
Shimano SLX Cassette
Shimano SLX Chain
Seat Post/Saddle

Needed:
Wheels
Headset
Stem
Forks - Looking at Boxxer R2C2
Grips - Pretty sure which
Flat Pedals
Crankset
Chainguide

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
heres what id reccomend:

Wheels: Halo SAS, heavy and bulky but strong and reliable for as long as iv had them, but i am not that experienced with wheel purchasing so id check with other people on this one.

Stem: blackspire DAS direct mount 30deg stem (CRC has a crazy deal on them at the mo)

Grips: ESI silicone grips, Holy shit they are good, best upgrade for the least amount of money, they feel so good and you should never get a blister again, also helps with arm pump.

chain-guide: e*thirteen SS+, it is the best chainguide on the market IMO, chain has never come off and the bash guard is solid as hell

the rest im not in a position to really advise, ask around a little more i guess, and read reviews, they should give you a good idea of what your actually buying Smile

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 at 14:34 Quote
Just bought the direct mount stem you recommended ridiculous discount! Hopefully it looks good and works:P
Also ordered the Saint Pedals to make it more than £50 to get the discount ended up with the stem in Grey 30mm for £28.66 and the Pedals for £36.99 Razz ended up with it all for £65.65 then £5 off so was £60.55 when full price was £135 so cant go wrongSmile

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 10:33 Quote
I got the grey one too, it's nice. And so far I'm pretty happy with it as iv been thrashing the bike all day and all is good, no bar slip whatsoever and the 4 bolts are chunky as hell which is reassuring, quick tip, get some thin steerer tube spacers, the standard chunky ones don't want to fit properly, but it's no biggy, mu local bike shop had some that fit really well. also there are very few direct mount stems with as much as 30(deg) rise which is a shame, as it's way nicer than riding the flat ones in my opinion Smile hey man you saved a f*ckton of money good job! Got some avid elixir 5's for like 45 quid instead of 120 from CRC too, good deals. Big Grin

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
ahh hahaSmile I think i'm decided on everything except headset now:P

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
Ever finish it? I just put together an 08 team DH that I had the front triangle replaced.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
yeah its completedSmile Rides great Big Grin

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 2:24 Quote
bradleyw96 wrote:
yeah its completedSmile Rides great Big Grin

Hi,
I got one too from an ex team rider. I am using a Mondraker Summum right now with a 1 degree angleset headset and it is pretty slack. I am worried the The Norco Team DH has a too steep angle in the fork for my taste. Have you noticed this when riding? Any change I can fit an angleset in there? I have not measured it yet, to know which headset I can use.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 14:57 Quote
Holy thread resurrection batman

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012992
Mobile Version of Website