Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 15:22 Quote
lee661 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
You like the 35mm length? I've got 50, despite I've gotten used to the insanely long cockpit (which I've come to love) I wanted to put a 32mm stem on ASAP but never got around to it. Still considering it now.
Yes I really like the 35mm stem. I started with a 50mm. It made the front end feel "heavy" to me when getting air, but it didn't feel uncomfortable fit wise. I then went to a 40mm which made the front end feel better, but I still wanted to try 35. I'm glad I did. In my opinion, the 35mm just makes the bike feel more playful, and the front end is easier to lift. No issues going up either for me.


have you tried x-low yet ? its fun too

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
yabbaDABdo wrote:
lee661 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
You like the 35mm length? I've got 50, despite I've gotten used to the insanely long cockpit (which I've come to love) I wanted to put a 32mm stem on ASAP but never got around to it. Still considering it now.
Yes I really like the 35mm stem. I started with a 50mm. It made the front end feel "heavy" to me when getting air, but it didn't feel uncomfortable fit wise. I then went to a 40mm which made the front end feel better, but I still wanted to try 35. I'm glad I did. In my opinion, the 35mm just makes the bike feel more playful, and the front end is easier to lift. No issues going up either for me.


have you tried x-low yet ? its fun too

Lee661, what's your body dimensions? When I first got the Insurgent, I ran it with a 50mm stem and was surprised how well it felt up and down, including jumping. I was surprised because I thought it would feel a lot longer compared to my previous 5 spot w the same 50mm stem, but it felt almost perfect. Consequently, I sold my Spot w that stem, so I decided to try a 40mm stem on the Insurgent and have been on that since last October. After riding the 40mm for almost a year, I wanna try a 45-50 again because there are times where I feel my chest is to far over the bars, also felt faster descending with the 50.

Anyways, I was curios about your height/arm/ torso type, because I'm a typical 5'9" guy with normal length (not ape like) arms and torso. For reference, I ran the insurgent on low for 9 months and x-low the past 2 months. Biggest diff is more effort to keep front down, but it rails going down; so I prefer x-low

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 1:51 Quote
DrunKidCatholic wrote:
yabbaDABdo wrote:
lee661 wrote:

Yes I really like the 35mm stem. I started with a 50mm. It made the front end feel "heavy" to me when getting air, but it didn't feel uncomfortable fit wise. I then went to a 40mm which made the front end feel better, but I still wanted to try 35. I'm glad I did. In my opinion, the 35mm just makes the bike feel more playful, and the front end is easier to lift. No issues going up either for me.


have you tried x-low yet ? its fun too


Lee661, what's your body dimensions? When I first got the Insurgent, I ran it with a 50mm stem and was surprised how well it felt up and down, including jumping. I was surprised because I thought it would feel a lot longer compared to my previous 5 spot w the same 50mm stem, but it felt almost perfect. Consequently, I sold my Spot w that stem, so I decided to try a 40mm stem on the Insurgent and have been on that since last October. After riding the 40mm for almost a year, I wanna try a 45-50 again because there are times where I feel my chest is to far over the bars, also felt faster descending with the 50.

Anyways, I was curios about your height/arm/ torso type, because I'm a typical 5'9" guy with normal length (not ape like) arms and torso. For reference, I ran the insurgent on low for 9 months and x-low the past 2 months. Biggest diff is more effort to keep front down, but it rails going down; so I prefer x-low

I have not tried x-low yet. There aren't a lot of sustained descents where I live, but there are a lot of rocks. The lower BB height is a concern for me. I will eventually try it, though
.
I'm about 5'11", 32" inseam, pretty average dimensions. I'm riding a large. What size are you riding?

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 3:30 Quote
lee661 wrote:
DrunKidCatholic wrote:
yabbaDABdo wrote:



have you tried x-low yet ? its fun too


Lee661, what's your body dimensions? When I first got the Insurgent, I ran it with a 50mm stem and was surprised how well it felt up and down, including jumping. I was surprised because I thought it would feel a lot longer compared to my previous 5 spot w the same 50mm stem, but it felt almost perfect. Consequently, I sold my Spot w that stem, so I decided to try a 40mm stem on the Insurgent and have been on that since last October. After riding the 40mm for almost a year, I wanna try a 45-50 again because there are times where I feel my chest is to far over the bars, also felt faster descending with the 50.

Anyways, I was curios about your height/arm/ torso type, because I'm a typical 5'9" guy with normal length (not ape like) arms and torso. For reference, I ran the insurgent on low for 9 months and x-low the past 2 months. Biggest diff is more effort to keep front down, but it rails going down; so I prefer x-low

I have not tried x-low yet. There aren't a lot of sustained descents where I live, but there are a lot of rocks. The lower BB height is a concern for me. I will eventually try it, though
.
I'm about 5'11", 32" inseam, pretty average dimensions. I'm riding a large. What size are you riding?

5'11 32" on a large

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 8:03 Quote
Duh, I'm on a medium. So that might explain the diff in the reach and stem experience. For some reason I thought you were on a M as well

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 3:28 Quote
Hy Guys!

Im looking for an Axle Cap for my Undead.
Has anybody one for sale?

Thx

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 9:52 Quote
I've a fox float X on my Insurgent with a large volume spacer in it. Is it worth upgrading the shock? If so what would be the best shock to fit the frame?

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
Float X2 without a doubt (I use one on my insurgent and its AWESOME) or an Ohlins or if you really wanna throw down some cash an Elevensix.

Taylor500 wrote:
I've a fox float X on my Insurgent with a large volume spacer in it. Is it worth upgrading the shock? If so what would be the best shock to fit the frame?

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Taylor500 wrote:
I've a fox float X on my Insurgent with a large volume spacer in it. Is it worth upgrading the shock? If so what would be the best shock to fit the frame?

If you have £949 to spend I know what to recommend... Big Grin

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
Anyone else have squeaking issues with their Insurgent? I have a ton of noise coming from the BB and seatpost tube.

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 21:00 Quote
ctvette2003 wrote:
Anyone else have squeaking issues with their Insurgent? I have a ton of noise coming from the BB and seatpost tube.

Wrap her in teflon tape. Seat post I got nothin.

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
tpersons wrote:
ctvette2003 wrote:
Anyone else have squeaking issues with their Insurgent? I have a ton of noise coming from the BB and seatpost tube.

Wrap her in teflon tape. Seat post I got nothin.

Will give that a try thanks

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
tpersons wrote:
ctvette2003 wrote:
Anyone else have squeaking issues with their Insurgent? I have a ton of noise coming from the BB and seatpost tube.

Wrap her in teflon tape.
What do you mean?

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 20:26 Quote
lee661 wrote:
tpersons wrote:
ctvette2003 wrote:
Anyone else have squeaking issues with their Insurgent? I have a ton of noise coming from the BB and seatpost tube.

Wrap her in teflon tape.
What do you mean?

I believe he means to wrap the threads of the BB in teflon tape to stop the squeak. I find that a good brush of anti-seize on the threads does a better job than teflon tape at keeping the BB quiet.

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 22:30 Quote
shoreboy1866 wrote:
lee661 wrote:
tpersons wrote:


Wrap her in teflon tape.
What do you mean?

I believe he means to wrap the threads of the BB in teflon tape to stop the squeak. I find that a good brush of anti-seize on the threads does a better job than teflon tape at keeping the BB quiet.

Yep wrap em. I actually put a little anti seize on as well. I don't think I've ever installed a bb without a bit of anti seize the teflon comes if they're bad and this bike definitely got both.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021374
Mobile Version of Website