Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
Single crown shiver is niiiicccceeeeee!

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 10:17 Quote
fredro wrote:
Single crown shiver is niiiicccceeeeee!

Yeah that's a nice build, that fork is a rare sight these days

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
pkitch wrote:

Whats peoples shock settings with the monarch plus, still messing around with mine on my Insurgent X1 build, I weigh around 200lb and currently running 270psi with all settings currently in the middle of adjustment

Also getting used to the Pike RCT3 after being a Fox fan for the past couple of years!
270 PSI?!?! Damn. I run around 33-35% sag with like 6 bottom out spacers I believe. For me at 200 lbs I run about 205 PSI. I dunno what you mean by you keep all settings in the middle. It's only got rebound adjustments which drives me nuts. Hence why I'm gunna get an X2.

The lyriks cool, I like the fox a lot more though solely because of the HSC and LSC. I dunno if they directly translate but I run about 13-15% sag and 83-85PSI in the front. Depending on weather. For all you RC2 riders out there, I keep the LSC about middle and adjust it two clicks either way as necessary. HSC is totally open, y'all will thank me later for eating up that trail chatter Smile

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
pkitch wrote:

Whats peoples shock settings with the monarch plus, still messing around with mine on my Insurgent X1 build, I weigh around 200lb and currently running 270psi with all settings currently in the middle of adjustment

Also getting used to the Pike RCT3 after being a Fox fan for the past couple of years!

I was on about 230psi back before the bike went off to get the post warrantied.
Had the shop put two tokens in while it is there, should actually get around to going and fetching the bike back...
I'm also about 200 lbs without riding gear. 195 and hopefully going down by the day.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
I think I need one of THESE in my life.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
I need a new dh bike in my life Frown

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
evil Insurgent
bike is so damn fun to ride!
any insurgent owners having issues with the rocker shock interface? bushing play/wear, shock movement?

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
Enter 'The Calling'!

https://www.evil-bikes.com/products/calling

https://vimeo.com/193798970?ref=fb-share

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 13:42 Quote
y9pema wrote:
evil Insurgent
any insurgent owners having issues with the rocker shock interface? bushing play/wear, shock movement?
on the trail I feel like I have a little play somewhere coming from the rear end. I do know I need to replace my rear wheel bearings but I am curious to take the rear shock linkages apart and see if there's anything there.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:17 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
y9pema wrote:
evil Insurgent
on the trail I feel like I have a little play somewhere coming from the rear end. I do know I need to replace my rear wheel bearings but I am curious to take the rear shock linkages apart and see if there's anything there.

This forum hasnt really seen any issue with the insurgent or the following. One wreckoning owner had issues with play in main pivot(a few pages back) which was probably due to bad install from mfg(speculation).

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 20:14 Quote
nunomelo77 wrote:
Enter 'The Calling'!

Just asked my shop to order one for me as soon as possible (Large Muddy water).
Exactly the bike I wanted. Short travel, slack head angle and steep seat tube. Plus the infamous Delta suspension !!

I know I was supposed to sell all my bikes first, but I couldn't resist.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 20:38 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
y9pema wrote:
evil Insurgent

This forum hasnt really seen any issue with the insurgent or the following. One wreckoning owner had issues with play in main pivot(a few pages back) which was probably due to bad install from mfg(speculation).
I spoke to the guys at evil about that case and they said there is a conical washer in the main pivot of the wreckoning that if it is flipped in the wrong direction it will not have the torque evenly spread and will start to put added pressure on the pivot which shreds the carbon up. Evil said it was installed wrong from the factory and they gave him a full warranty. Factory error not frame failure.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
y9pema wrote:
evil Insurgent

im having some issues w the top shock mount, been emailing evil and were trying to narrow down the problem. Just wanted to see if anyone has a clunk (pull on bike up by frame) from the shock/rocker as the 2 other evils in my area have. Shock blew up in sept, was great after rebuild but have clunk again, and alot of play in top shock mount.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
nunomelo77 wrote:
Enter 'The Calling'!

Well f*ck me... thanks evil for making my dream bike a reality, except for that i can never afford it, nor is my team able to get it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029519
Mobile Version of Website