Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 16:01 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
I agree with that, did they not make good on a broken frame for you?

I've moved on to better times with YT but still have the Undead gathering dust. My frame is not cracked or broken and although i have a full spare linkage kit it is unrideable due to no parts support if/when anything breaks. A ticking timebomb it seems.

Yip mines going on the wall new canyon sender on the way

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 18:04 Quote
@jrocksdh Yeah I do think a 140mm 29er would be awesome down the road, the wreckoning is definitely a quiver killer, but no way is it a 'quick' or 'snappy' bike like the following, that's where a 140mm 29er would be sweet. Even with my insurgent I want a shorter travel 'snappier' feeling pure trail bike. Despite the fact i'll pedal my insurgent anywhere and everywhere and still have a smile, I prefer it on the steepest of descents, a more tamed 29er would be awesome for sure.

As for my grief with boost, i'll never complain about increased stiffness, especially laterally (and especially for 29ers) as well as shorter chainstays. I unfortunately feel boost is more so used for a plus size tire...which I have no feelings towards to say the least.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 19:26 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
@jrocksdh Yeah I do think a 140mm 29er would be awesome down the road, the wreckoning is definitely a quiver killer, but no way is it a 'quick' or 'snappy' bike like the following, that's where a 140mm 29er would be sweet. Even with my insurgent I want a shorter travel 'snappier' feeling pure trail bike. Despite the fact i'll pedal my insurgent anywhere and everywhere and still have a smile, I prefer it on the steepest of descents, a more tamed 29er would be awesome for sure.

As for my grief with boost, i'll never complain about increased stiffness, especially laterally (and especially for 29ers) as well as shorter chainstays. I unfortunately feel boost is more so used for a plus size tire...which I have no feelings towards to say the least.
Those were my exact thoughts on the wreckoning but after riding mine for about a month I am absolutely blown away with how playful and nimble the thing is. I have some pretty damn tight corners and a load of jumps over where I live and the wreckoning just eats those things up. it flicks through corners just as easily as some 140mm 27.5 bikes i've ridden and definitely jumps just as well. I have only ridden the following for a single minute long lap but but the only edge I felt the following had on the wreckoning is in the lower speed situations. The following just is a tad bit easier to throw around in lower speed corners but as soon as you get up to speed the wreckoning comes alive. I am still blow away with how capable the wreckoning is in all situations on the trail. the bike just blows me away every single ride no matter what I ride

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 20:03 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

They did, twice.

Fully aware. Guess I should have added- again. Because I can't currently buy one.

Yeah would be nice, even better to help the owners of Uprising/Revolt/Undead that they left in the cold first though Wink

I second that.
Not pleased with my dealings with the company.. the worst I've dealt with in the bike industry.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
You should try Canyon.....just as bad. I have 2 Evils now (Insurgent & Following) and love them both. Personally not sure what difference a 140mm following would give

PisteRider wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
DARKSTAR63 wrote:

Fully aware. Guess I should have added- again. Because I can't currently buy one.

Yeah would be nice, even better to help the owners of Uprising/Revolt/Undead that they left in the cold first though Wink

I second that.
Not pleased with my dealings with the company.. the worst I've dealt with in the bike industry.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
Anyone at all got a set of evil faction dropouts hanging around?

Evil no longer makes them Frown

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 9:33 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:

Is this what you're looking for?

http://silverfish-uk.com/Brand/8349/Category/11142/Small-parts

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
wait they still sell the faction and dont make parts for it anymore... this company will never change i guess

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
AZlinerider wrote:
wait they still sell the faction and dont make parts for it anymore... this company will never change i guess

There are 2 different generations of Faction, wait a year or 2 and they will also screw the owners of the current bikes based on their history

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
dumb question for such a rad frame but...

anyone weighed a calling frame? I ask because by competitive cyclist's measure, the calling is heavier that the wreckoning. med weight at Competitive is 3390g, fanatik is 2993g, a 400g difference is ~.85 lb.
Most likely my new bike all the same, I wonder if push will do a trunion?

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
Not mine, from another forum.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/evil-bikes/1116338d1484749003-something-evil-calling-15966740_10212026895370444_1377476400_o.jpg

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
iainmac-1 wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

Is this what you're looking for?

http://silverfish-uk.com/Brand/8349/Category/11142/Small-parts

Nopeee, there's a post 2009 driveside dropout, but no post 2009 non-driveside dropout.

Emailled silverfish the other day and they suggested trying BETD.

And they don't have it either. Frown

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
aminal wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
I agree with that, did they not make good on a broken frame for you?

I've moved on to better times with YT but still have the Undead gathering dust. My frame is not cracked or broken and although i have a full spare linkage kit it is unrideable due to no parts support if/when anything breaks. A ticking timebomb it seems.

I pray every day evil go out of business for doing every undead owner over. Scumbags the lot of them.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
Kluckers wrote:
aminal wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

I pray every day evil go out of business for doing every undead owner over. Scumbags the lot of them.

Well not before I sell my Insurgent in 3 or 4 years.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
Kluckers wrote:
aminal wrote:

Well not before I sell my Insurgent in 3 or 4 years.
+1

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006430
Mobile Version of Website